LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hip-Hop & Surfing

Very uncommon to be see hip-hop in a surf film... How come? I'm sure a lot of you guys aren't a fan of hip-hop but I don't mind it and I think it would be sick to see it put in some more surf films. Just my $0.02... What do you guys think

Images
    If you watch some of the videos on this site there are quite a few done to hip hop.

hasn't hip hop taken over everything else. When are people going to realize for the most part, it blows?!

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    hasn't hip hop taken over everything else. When are people going to realize for the most part, it blows?!
    ding ding ding. we have a winner!

I like some hip-hop. The kind that actually includes lyrical wit, skills, etc. But I dunno, surfing and hip-hop just seem weird together. No idea why but it just doesn't seem to work in my opinion. I'd rather hear some sweet garage rock tunes or something like that instead.

Images
    Yo Pump and Koki you dawgs are trippin

Rap is the most talented genre in music history. Kanye West is a musical genius, He says so, himself.

Dudes, it is so advanced that you don't need to play instruments; don't need any knowledge of music theory; don't need to be able to sing; don't need no melody; and in today's rap offerings, you don't need any basic amount of cleverness with words, don't need no flow, and don't need any talent whatsoever.

Forget fretting chords, just push a few buttons on a computer for your music. Then dig out that 3rd grade poetry project you had, make sure the end of each line is a simplistic rhyme, act like you used to sell drugs on the streets, mention that you might be affiliated with the Bloods, and collect the money.

Oh say, the word "Ni$$a" a lot, even if you are a punk Canadian who played a paralyzed dude in Degrassi The Next Generation who now plays tough guy rap dude. Oh yeah, repeat words alot ...over and over again, it fills space and keeps you from having to come up with another word that rhymes with "block." You've already used "sock," "cock," and "rock." This stuff get tough, dawgs.

Images
    Bullseye PJB. Take a bow! & ditto koki.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Jul 15, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yo Pump and Koki you dawgs are trippin

Rap is the most talented genre in music history. Kanye West is a musical genius, He says so, himself.

Dudes, it is so advanced that you don't need to play instruments; don't need any knowledge of music theory; don't need to be able to sing; don't need no melody; and in today's rap offerings, you don't need any basic amount of cleverness with words, don't need no flow, and don't need any talent whatsoever.

Forget fretting chords, just push a few buttons on a computer for your music. Then dig out that 3rd grade poetry project you had, make sure the end of each line is a simplistic rhyme, act like you used to sell drugs on the streets, mention that you might be affiliated with the Bloods, and collect the money.

Oh say, the word "Ni$$a" a lot, even if you are a punk Canadian who played a paralyzed dude in Degrassi The Next Generation who now plays tough guy rap dude. Oh yeah, repeat words alot ...over and over again, it fills space and keeps you from having to come up with another word that rhymes with "block." You've already used "sock," "cock," and "rock." This stuff get tough, dawgs.
    Kanye's a **** but he's dope as a musician and a lyricist (idk about Yeezus though). He, and many other hip hop artists do a lot a of really amazing things with words and music. Plus, you gotta remember that a ton of amazing musicians aren't trained in music theory. Rap and hip hop have taken a lot of elements from jazz and blues over the years as well.

It's really a genre that's growing and improving quickly. You should check it out Kendrick, Chance the Rapper, Frank Ocean. People are doing cool ****, man. And maybe even try to go into listening to it without your preconceived (and uninformed) notions.

Okay rap is not hip hop...hate it all you want its a legitimate art form when its done right, just like every genre of music. There's crap everywhere. I find myself listening to hip hop most the time I'm on my way to the beach, take it or leave it.