LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Swellinfo doesn't like black people!

Yeah, dis post is dedicated to all those forum members that told me I'd never amount to nothin. To all da people that hated on ma stoke when I was hittin da breaks errday crankin wit da frothin 8 to 10 just tryna up ma surf game, and all da grommets in da struggle, you know what I'm sayin?

It's all good bay-be-bay-buh
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jul 17, 2013 at 04:49 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Maybe the reason you don't hear hip-hop on surf videos is because no one ever asked these guys like these to produce tracks for one....

And "it's just pushing buttons" like playing a guitar is "just strumming strings."

Anybody can move buttons up and down or push them......right from the start. Yeah a competent computer player needs to have some skill to piece together a musical masterpiece but it just ain't the same thing as creating music with a bass, drum and a giddy.

But a guitar virgin won't be able to fret a simple cord. It will take them a while to play a simple chord progression.

Now really, how can one compare guitar virtuosos Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen to some dudes pushing and jigging buttons? Scratching records? Sampling real music.........

Sorry Erock, but we gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. So out of all the instruments you play, you think using computers to create music is the most difficult? I just can't see that. Just look at all of the no talents that do it.

Did you know that surfing might have saved me? I was going to be a rock star when I hit my teens but surfing completely took over. And I blew the guitar off. No I didn't make oral love to it, I just played less.....and less......and less. Man, if I made it in the music biz, even some local club hero, man........Ozzy.......Nikki Sixx........ha I would have made them guys look like Mormons. OMG, and the groupies....the groupies.

Keep it real up in da field, a'ight

hip-hop and sailing

white guys piss me off when they say they love hip-hop that is only acceptable and accessible to white boiz. zion-i, rjd2, people under the stairs. cmon man. if youre gonna listen to the ****, listen to the dudes who are actually in the game. MOP, gang starr, pete rock, redman, de la, dilated, OC, tribe, keith murray. i get it, they have no musical talent. but it still sounds so damn good. better than phoenix or that gay techo crap you subaru boys listen to. hip hop was the punk of the 90s. enjoy this rare banger that you didnt know existed until i blessed you.

Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    white guys piss me off when they say they love hip-hop that is only acceptable and accessible to white boiz.
    My teacher was Nathaniel Merriweather, perhaps ... perhaps you have heard of him.

Thank god....

Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Very uncommon to be see hip-hop in a surf film... How come? I'm sure a lot of you guys aren't a fan of hip-hop but I don't mind it and I think it would be sick to see it put in some more surf films. Just my $0.02... What do you guys think
    ...that it's not in there..What the masses are buying is an image not good music. Creative marketing at its best...

Also if you have to describe it as some special "art form" that really means it's borderline even music..

Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Kanye's a **** but he's dope as a musician and a lyricist (idk about Yeezus though). He, and many other hip hop artists do a lot a of really amazing things with words and music. Plus, you gotta remember that a ton of amazing musicians aren't trained in music theory. Rap and hip hop have taken a lot of elements from jazz and blues over the years as well.

It's really a genre that's growing and improving quickly. You should check it out Kendrick, Chance the Rapper, Frank Ocean. People are doing cool ****, man. And maybe even try to go into listening to it without your preconceived (and uninformed) notions.
    Kanye a lyricist? The guy is retarded...I guess if you have a limited vocabulary he's a downright Einstein...

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    Wow now, I take offense to this. I've been making music on a computer for years, and I can assure you it is not that simple. I play drums and I play keys (poorly), but saying that "all you have to do is push a button on your computer" is a gross over simplification.

When I make music, I'll take dozens of samples from old funk, soul, jazz records. Infuse them with a mixture of drums from breakbeats and drum machines, and lots of funky glitchy synths. Its a hip hop of sorts.

I'm sorry, but it is just a topic that caught my eye, because its a stereo type that is just soooo wrong. Making music on a computer with synths, computer programs, ect is deep as ****. Infinetly more in depth that say a guitar or a piano. Just had to get that off my chest.

Now, I will say that Kanye's music is garbage. What you should have said is "take a sample, pitch it up 5 semitones and loop it, and add some whack drums". Because that is what Kanye does.
    What planet are you from that makes you think taking computer made beats and some real musicians "samples" is hard? This is what's wrong with music now; no originality at all...