close ad [x]

Channel Islands New Flyer

Does anyone have any information on the new flyer. Looking for a board that excels in waves from waist to a little over head. Im about 5'8 and 120 pounds. On CI's website they say to ride the new flyer about 2-4 inches shorter than your height. Do you think i could get away with riding a 5'5. Also if anyone could give me a little info on the weirdo ripper that would be great!

Also whats the difference between the new flyer and the dumpster diver

New flyer is a lot less clunky than the dumpster diver. it will be more responsive than a DD. 5'5-5'6 seems about right size for u. maybe 2 1/16 if u really weigh 120 pounds

I used to ride a CI flyer in chest to overhead surf. It needed more volume in waist to chest high conditions, and it was too squirrely in real juicy stuff. I would consider asking a local shaper to make you a custom board. It will be a lot cheaper than a new Channel Island, and it will probably work better in everyday conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I used to ride a CI flyer in chest to overhead surf. It needed more volume in waist to chest high conditions, and it was too squirrely in real juicy stuff. I would consider asking a local shaper to make you a custom board. It will be a lot cheaper than a new Channel Island, and it will probably work better in everyday conditions.
    did you ride the original flyer or the new one?

Place this code at the end of your tag: