LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Speeding ticket in VA

    I live in South Jersey and recently got a speeding ticket on the Chesapeake bay bridge. Anyone have any experience with fighting speeding tickets in Virginia? In NJ they will usually lower your first speeding ticket down to a no points ticket. I am trying to decide if it is worth the drive to avoid the 2 points i will get in NJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks !

  2. #2
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    89
    Only ticket I ever fought and won was a "illegal tint" on a factory grand cherokee's rear windows. Only way to "fight" a speeding ticket would be to calibrate your speedometer to show it was off or hope the officer does not show up.

    It's more than likely a state trooper that gave you the ticket and they LOVE their court time compared to your local city and counties.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?
    Pipe down, scotty. You've got enough to worry about with your grand indictment for interstate cyberstalking. You don't need to be parenting dudes on here just because your parents failed to parent you. Put the Zima down, walk away from it with your back to the wall, and pray for forgiveness.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Pipe down, scotty. You've got enough to worry about with your grand indictment for interstate cyberstalking. You don't need to be parenting dudes on here just because your parents failed to parent you. Put the Zima down, walk away from it with your back to the wall, and pray for forgiveness.
    Maybe he could get a job handing out etiquette violation tickets in the lineup during a crowded day. "Youse been served!" he could remark as he admonishes a shoulder hopper or two.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Maybe he could get a job handing out etiquette violation tickets in the lineup during a crowded day. "Youse been served!" he could remark as he admonishes a shoulder hopper or two.
    Awesome, brodoggy. That "kook of life" needs a wee bit o discipline himself.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?
    Thanks Bill Cosby's nephew. However, you will never be as influential to a persons moral compass as your Uncle. Yes, i was speeding, maybe "fight" wasn't the correct choice of words, but in new jersey you can plea it down to a no points ticket. That is what I am looking to do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?
    The Fifth, Sixth, and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution give him a right to fight it. That's why.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    The Fifth, Sixth, and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution give him a right to fight it. That's why.
    And Rich Texan from the Simpsons will celebrate the amendments by exercising his right to the 2nd

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?
    Are you the po po bro? "Innocent..Till proven guilty! Deny everything! Deny everything! I'm just a spoke in the wheel!"