LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Speeding ticket in VA

I live in South Jersey and recently got a speeding ticket on the Chesapeake bay bridge. Anyone have any experience with fighting speeding tickets in Virginia? In NJ they will usually lower your first speeding ticket down to a no points ticket. I am trying to decide if it is worth the drive to avoid the 2 points i will get in NJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks !

Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?

Only ticket I ever fought and won was a "illegal tint" on a factory grand cherokee's rear windows. Only way to "fight" a speeding ticket would be to calibrate your speedometer to show it was off or hope the officer does not show up.

It's more than likely a state trooper that gave you the ticket and they LOVE their court time compared to your local city and counties.

pay it asap and try to drink your troubles away.

oh yeah, welcome to VA, land of laws

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Did you speed? If you sped, got caught, and were issued a ticket, why do you think you have the right to "fight" it?
    Pipe down, scotty. You've got enough to worry about with your grand indictment for interstate cyberstalking. You don't need to be parenting dudes on here just because your parents failed to parent you. Put the Zima down, walk away from it with your back to the wall, and pray for forgiveness.

CBBT was privately owned and still is I believe, thus the police are private. CBBT is a for-profit company, you will not get out of the speeding ticket unless you have documenting evidence to the contrary. However, as a privately owned entity thay may not reciprocate with NJ as far as DMV records, but that I do not know. FYI - those CBBT police are out there 24-7.

pretty sure its not private

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel Commission is the governing body of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel District. The Commission consists of eleven members who are appointed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia. One member represents the Commonwealth Transportation Board and the remaining ten members represent the localities within the District. The District is comprised of six cities, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, and the two Eastern Shore counties of Northampton and Accomack.

Quote Originally Posted by njhick View Post
    I live in South Jersey and recently got a speeding ticket on the Chesapeake bay bridge. Anyone have any experience with fighting speeding tickets in Virginia? In NJ they will usually lower your first speeding ticket down to a no points ticket. I am trying to decide if it is worth the drive to avoid the 2 points i will get in NJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks !
    Taxation without representation. Same as it ever was.

Maybe a LEO can chime in on this, usually out of state moving violatons don't reciprocate with the exception of DUI/DWI and maybe reckless driving. You can call or visit NJ DMV on how out of state moving violations are recorded, if their not recorded then that helps you. Unless you're willing spend the time and money to attend Va. District Court hearing on the ticket best defense would be to plead guilty, ask the Judge for a PBJ (probation before Judgement) (No fine or Points) and pay court costs. If you have a clean driving record bring a copy with you to the hearing for the Judge.

The CBBT is not patrolled by State Troopers. They have their own cops that just patrol between the toll booths.