LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 255
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    The medical researchers and their clinical trials and results at the Mayo Clinic are funded by the Rockefellers.

    “Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
    David Rockefeller, Memiors pg. 405

    If you believe the fruits of this man's contributions, you are a FOOL!
    Oh dear god. Everything is a conspiracy with you. Look up the subject. The Mayo clinic is not the only group warning about using iodine pills when you don't need them. The fact that you, someone who is paranoid about every chemical in foods, would suggest people add something to their bodies that is not needed beyond the levels found in an appropriate diet, is downright hypocritical.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Oh dear god. Everything is a conspiracy with you. Look up the subject. The Mayo clinic is not the only group warning about using iodine pills when you don't need them. The fact that you, someone who is paranoid about every chemical in foods, would suggest people add something to their bodies that is not needed beyond the levels found in an appropriate diet, is downright hypocritical.
    I never suggested taking iodine beyond a recommended dosage, like I said if you are exposing yourself to radioactive contaminated foods, at least protect yourself.

    this is why I don't like getting into it with you Brew. you misconstrue what I say, and turn it around. this is called the strawman tactic, and you have been guilty of this numerous times.

    as far as conspiracies, I only pointed out your source as not being valid, just as you don't find my sources (like naturalnews.com) not being valid. at least I pointed out the evidence of the Mayo Clinic corruption. you just write off any source you personally find invalid.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I never suggested taking iodine beyond a recommended dosage, like I said if you are exposing yourself to radioactive contaminated foods, at least protect yourself.

    this is why I don't like getting into it with you Brew. you misconstrue what I say, and turn it around. this is called the strawman tactic, and you have been guilty of this numerous times.

    as far as conspiracies, I only pointed out your source as not being valid, just as you don't find my sources (like naturalnews.com) not being valid. at least I pointed out the evidence of the Mayo Clinic corruption. you just write off any source you personally find invalid.
    Blah blah blah straw man blah blah. You have no medical training or experience and are not in a position to suggest pills or supplements to anyone. Science > pseudoscience. I love how you try to discredit research from hundreds of scientists, because of the partial financial backing of one group. The reason I don't enjoy conversing with you is because data and research mean nothing to you. Honestly, I don't even care what fear mongering du jour you have to post on here anymore. Just don't pretend like you are in a position to recommend medicine, supplements, or other "addititives" for the body. Leave the dietary supplement advice to trained professionals. Deal?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Blah blah blah straw man blah blah. You have no medical training or experience and are not in a position to suggest pills or supplements to anyone. Science > pseudoscience. I love how you try to discredit research from hundreds of scientists, because of the partial financial backing of one group. The reason I don't enjoy conversing with you is because data and research mean nothing to you. Honestly, I don't even care what fear mongering du jour you have to post on here anymore. Just don't pretend like you are in a position to recommend medicine, supplements, or other "addititives" for the body. Leave the dietary supplement advice to trained professionals. Deal?
    Okay, i am not a medical professional so I will not give medical advice.
    I did not disagree with the potential risk of iodine poisoning. However it is rare.
    Most medical professionals recommend iodine as an effective way to block radiation from binding to the thyroid gland.
    My recommendation will come with the disclaimer that in no way does my advice prevents, diagnose, or treat any illness.
    So for anyone concerned with radiation poisoning and/or detoxify from radiation do your own research and consult a medical professional before taking any natural supplement, because there are potentially serious dangers of radiation exposure from Fukishima outside of Japan.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Okay, i am not a medical professional so I will not give medical advice.
    I did not disagree with the potential risk of iodine poisoning. However it is rare.
    Most medical professionals recommend iodine as an effective way to block radiation from binding to the thyroid gland.
    My recommendation will come with the disclaimer that in no way does my advice prevents, diagnose, or treat any illness.
    So for anyone concerned with radiation poisoning and/or detoxify from radiation do your own research and consult a medical professional before taking any natural supplement, because there are potentially serious dangers of radiation exposure from Fukishima outside of Japan.
    Fair enough. We can agree on that.

  6. #46
    Something is wrong in the Pacific Ocean.
    http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.c...officials-inf/

  7. #47
    but definitely not because of Fukishima. that would be conspiracy tin foil hat theory.


    http://preview.reuters.com/2013/8/5/...ikely-breached

    " Tepco said on Friday that a cumulative 20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium had probably leaked into the sea since the disaster. The company said this was within legal limits.

    Tritium is far less harmful than cesium and strontium, which have also been released from the plant. Tepco is scheduled to test strontium levels next."

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,336
    whats a becquerel?

  9. #49
    It's a measurement of radiation. I used to work at a nuc plant in Va for 6 years. their measurement was in rems and Milli rems. the first time I went, I had to go into a hot area. I called my dad that night and told him. he asked if I was being monitored. I said I was and I got 8. He asked "Rads or M rads?" I didn't know so I said rads. he yelled, "8 m rads! That's too much for peace time exposure!" Oh ,musta been mrems.

  10. #50
    now there's this. the good part is they get waves, and can surf at nite.

    http://rt.com/news/japan-typhoon-fukushima-plant-914/