LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Safety is very important in myriad situations, folks. Very important.

Check out these gems -
    partymissilehandplanes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alectruelove View Post
    Check out these gems -
    partymissilehandplanes.com
    Those look pretty sweet, but I couldn't find any photos showing their foils and concaves. I was thinking about going the leash plug route for attaching the straps... we'll see.

I think those are a little pricey for the wood they're using, but I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to pay me more than $100 for one just made from a single slab of cheaper wood.

OK, here they are with the first coat on them. It's made it a little easier to see the bottom contours but I still can't get a good shot to show the rail foils--I'll use a real camera at some point. I'll probably end up putting 4 coats on them, sanding a little between the 2nd and the 3rd.

I was seriously considering using wax, but that OG pine is so damned sappy I can't see it being very effective. Plus, the Wenge edge grain is very porous and I wouldn't be confident with just wax on it.....

IMAG0089.jpgIMAG0090.jpgIMAG0091.jpgIMAG0092.jpgIMAG0093.jpg

hey there I figured in I'd chime in with a couple I made a while back; problem is i cant for the life of me figure out how to post those PICS!!! any help would be nice. tried insert image from computer from url, attachment? whats the secret?

Go to the toolbar in the Quick Reply screen and hit the button to the left of the little video strip... I guess it looks like a tiny picture with crop lines but it's really tiny. I put my pics into my download folder, click the pic thingy, select "from computer" or whatever it says (url would be if you are downloading off tumbler or something), click "select files", navigate to download folder, select pics you want, hit "upload file(s)", and ramalamadingdong--it should work.

Nice looking work E! Do your hands slide around on those boards much? Would chiseling a hand print on them be worth the effort?

hey erock, i tried that but when i click on upload a little circle with ! in it pops up, also tried using url and that also doesnt work. Frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by still stoked View Post
    Nice looking work E! Do your hands slide around on those boards much? Would chiseling a hand print on them be worth the effort?

Not sure, I was thinking about doing it but I took so much stock out of the bottom I didn't want to make it too thin. I hope a strap will work, I may use a little surf wax if sliding is a problem.

rstoup: email the admin, it may have something to do with a setting. I'm no computer surgeon, I just fumble around in the dark until I stumble upon things.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Those look pretty sweet, but I couldn't find any photos showing their foils and concaves. I was thinking about going the leash plug route for attaching the straps... we'll see.

I think those are a little pricey for the wood they're using, but I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to pay me more than $100 for one just made from a single slab of cheaper wood.
    yes they are definitley a bit pricey, but I think they can get away with it because it is such a small market. Hand planes have been around for a while but you never see them in surf shops or anything. Plus they have some sweet name to make it sell, everyone likes to party haha