LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I've got this resistance tubing with hand paddles. They have a wrist strap and a single finger strap that your middle finger slides into and the middle finger strap works really well. It keeps the paddle tight to your hand which you need when your palms are all sweaty. Just an idea. Ankle strap from an old leash for a wrist strap?

http://www.kiefer.com/kiefer-dryland...hp?page_id=237

Buoys...could these cute contraptions be placed on the feet so that Jerzites may walk on water like buggahs on snow with those snow runner things from small kid time?

26ft may be poss then!

hey will. do thanks for the attempted help

can you imagine what it would look like if someone had these things on their feet?? THAT would be nuts. my buddy bought a plastic handplane from south end surf shop at WB and he loves it. his has a hand hold that goes thru it, you hold it in your fist basically- im sure that having the strap on top is the way to go though. Nice work there Erock the wood you picked looks awesome with the offset lines. do you really get alot of lift out of these things? ive never tried but im sure its alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    can you imagine what it would look like if someone had these things on their feet?? THAT would be nuts.
    You won't have to imagine when I upload the pics from my sesh lata tonight!!!

Love the flat season and all the MacGuyver training/experimentation you can do.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    can you imagine what it would look like if someone had these things on their feet?? THAT would be nuts. my buddy bought a plastic handplane from south end surf shop at WB and he loves it. his has a hand hold that goes thru it, you hold it in your fist basically- im sure that having the strap on top is the way to go though. Nice work there Erock the wood you picked looks awesome with the offset lines. do you really get alot of lift out of these things? ive never tried but im sure its alot of fun
    The strap is definitely superior to the hand hold, but they can both be fun. You can get a lot more speed and longer rides with a handplane. I still bodysurf without it sometimes but I get better rides with it. You can use it to get your body up out of the wave more and put more weight on the plane for speed. Kind of hard to describe haha.

Images
    Erock - Your boards are looking sick dude, you definitely have a lot more woodworking experience than me. I made mine with limited knowledge and tools to choose from, but I plan on getting around to making another one of these days.

I used poplar since it was cheap, light and available locally. Maybe I will try paulownia next time if I can find it. I used boiled linseed oil to seal it. It worked but that stuff is toxic and prone to spontaneous combustion if it gets too hot so I got rid of it after I was done. I will go with something else next time.

As for the strap I got it from a wrist mounted computer system from my work. They are two pieces that are screwed in on each side with a loop and velcro closure to adjust the size. The screws are covered with a velcro closure to give it a cleaner look. Good thing too cause those things are rusty as hell now haha. It's hard to describe but I can show you if you ever come down this way There's a bodysurfing competition in CB next month called the Whomporama - https://www.facebook.com/events/588311934525850/?ref=22. Probably a good way to show off your work and maybe sell some handplanes too.

I'm sure your familiar with Brownfish Handplanes but if not check out http://www.handplanegoodness.com/ for some good inspiration and quality info about how he makes his boards.

PM me if you want some more specific info about how I made mine, I will try and get a better pic of the strap one of these days.

Good stuff. Tanks for da inspiration. Bodysurfing is the pure!

sorry for the upside down pics. I guess i got too excited that the site will let me post them that i didnt think of correcting them