LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    good stuff. you need to write for a surf mag. if the surf mags target audience weren't such idol-worshiping, 'lifestyle' kooks like waterbaby, you'd be editor by popular vote.

gotta love jersey. easily best thing going on the east coast, imo
    I mention kelly slater's name one time and I'm an "idol worshiper"? Bad mouthing me on other threads now - shows you're a pathetic little b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    I mention kelly slater's name one time and I'm an "idol worshiper"? Bad mouthing me on other threads now - shows you're a pathetic little b!tch.
    No worry beef curry, brah! AO was talkin bout (Billy) Idol-worshipping!! He knows you like good music brobro!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    time for you to wipe your stomach, clear the browser and get your pj's on cupcake. you have a big day of razor-scootering ahead of you tommorrow

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    some of your posts are hilarious. expert southerner heckler.

you can find old surf mags cheap on ebay. good stuff. lots of lineup shots and swell stories that made you want to travel.

mags kinda suck now. mostly a bunch close-ups of spoiled sh!theads doing the same stupid frontside reverse. too many ads. how boring. good bird cage liners though. too bad lewis samuels doesn't get more play. not PC enough.
    Exactly dawg, surf mags used to take you on the journey. Now, I swear, 3/4 of a travel article is aboot getting the pros together and getting to the airport. These dudes today suck. And people like Chris Cote actually think their cute and creative. Yeah, Lewis Samuels wrote some good stuff. I actually let the SURFER subscription fade out, but just renewed again. Hey, I'm an addict. I keep thinking, " This next issue will get better."

I get TWS because somebody gave me a subscription and I swear it never ends. I just keep getting them. I go off-and-on with SURFING. Now I'm back on because they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I should be getting ESM but I just don't function well. I should get The Surfers Journal, but I just don't function well. Hey somebody give me all your back issues of TSJ or I'll jack you.

Hanna (Barbara): You used to hang out in the Inlet back in the day? Wow, you must have been a bad arse. Hey you ever see The Planet of the Dogs? Sometimes, many moons ago, I'd be in AC early in the morn and up around the Inlet area it was nothing but dogs. No people out, just dogs. Dogs sitting on porches/stoops. Dogs hanging on the corners. Dogs walking through vacant lots. Dogs everywhere, man. That was fairly surreal.

Man that inlet area is weird today. They tried their hand at gentrification and seemed to have abandoned the idea. Now you have a few blocks of new townhomes surrounded by crumbling rowhomes. And the place is so often eerily empty. Like a ghost town sometimes..........Except when Uptown Marley is out with his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    ...contrary to the friggin stereotypes Jersey is one of the best coastal locations on the eastside. Yeah, the Banks are more spiritual and New England is more scenic, but Jersey has a bit of EVERYTHING.

Man, everywhere else is just lagging, man. No where else can compare.
    All that, plus you can go deep into the Pines and get all Shane Dorian with the compound bow, if you want... and the fishing, while challenging at times, can be very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Someone from Jersey must have really hurt your feeling when you were a little boy.
    I don't think I was ever little. I was like Jethro Bodene, born 5' tall with a full set of teeth. Jerkseys would be ok if they'd stay off the roads and squeegee off some of the grease.

and stay in Joisey.

I hear that slum tourism is on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Exactly dawg, surf mags used to take you on the journey. Now, I swear, 3/4 of a travel article is aboot getting the pros together and getting to the airport. These dudes today suck.
    yes, 8 shots of them lounging around in first class wearing ****ty headphones (those trendy surf brand headphones ARE really ****ty, btw) and like two of them surfing. Maybe a nice anti-industrialization piece right between the Global surf industry ads. At least 60% of any modern surf mag is ads (garbage). On top of that, buy one off the rack and it's $8. $11 for the "big issue". $11 I can buy a paperback NYT best seller! Ahg, nevermind.

I thought the SURFER "big issue" was fantastic this year. I flipped through the first time, somewhat tuned up, and almost started a thread because I was so into it. Then I thought "Nah, that's just the booze and green talking, and you haven't really scored or traveled in a while". But after multiple legitimate reads, it's still awesome. I actually got goose bumps reading about some of the greatest rides.

If you haven't read it, pick one up if you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    yes, 8 shots of them lounging around in first class wearing ****ty headphones (those trendy surf brand headphones ARE really ****ty, btw) and like two of them surfing. Maybe a nice anti-industrialization piece right between the Global surf industry ads. At least 60% of any modern surf mag is ads (garbage). On top of that, buy one off the rack and it's $8. $11 for the "big issue". $11 I can buy a paperback NYT best seller! Ahg, nevermind.
    so true. the getting there 'product' shots, and the 'eco' stuff is so shameless.

the surfers journal is alright though, but kinda pricey.