LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    A couple of questions

    Ok, so I only recently got the hang of surfing but I feel like I'm about to start advancing really fast. Now I have two questions to ask.

    1. The board I'm riding is 6'0" and I'm about 5'7" and 135 pounds. With it being oversized will I be able to properly utilize the contour, rocker of the board, etc.? Or should I not worry about that stuff just yet?

    2. Since the board has more volume than I probably actually need, does that mean I can ride it in bigger waves? Oh, and it's a DHD Scalpel. i think it's supposed to be for like 1-4 foot waves.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    Ok, so I only recently got the hang of surfing but I feel like I'm about to start advancing really fast.
    This is a great quote.

  3. #3
    it's probably fine. just worry about catching as many waves as possible, getting in early and trying to go fast. good body mechanics just pumping down the line (at your stage) are the foundation for everything else.

    if you do want another board... im in your area and have way to many boards. i have a 5'5 you'd like. easy to surf and light as sh!t. pm me.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    it's probably fine. just worry about catching as many waves as possible, getting in early and trying to go fast. good body mechanics just pumping down the line (at your stage) are the foundation for everything else.

    if you do want another board... im in your area and have way to many boards. i have a 5'5 you'd like. easy to surf and
    led lighting as sh!t. pm me.
    Completely agree with you.. Surfing is all about catching waves and good body mechanics..
    Last edited by FranklinGoodman; Jul 22, 2013 at 07:07 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    This is a great quote.
    Whatever. Maybe I was over-confident while posting, but you're a **** either way.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    HSS: Sick with the board you have while you are still learning the basics. Having a slightly bigger board can be like swinging a weighted bat--and it's not like that board is grossly oversized for you or anything.

    ...or basically what AtanticO said. Plus a larger board can help you with learning how to keep your momentum through cutbacks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,143
    Images
    8
    There seems to be a lot of new folks on here that are implying they sell drugs... Whats up with that G?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    There seems to be a lot of new folks on here that are implying they sell drugs... Whats up with that G?
    ?? where you see that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,810
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    ?? where you see that?
    You're joking right?

  10. #10
    you mean HSS? that's a dude from a spongebob episode.