LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ocean city
    Posts
    24

    thruster vs. quad

    im about to buy a new board for the fall winter and spring soon and I cant decide on quad or thruster. anyone have any advice? im looking at the lost subdriver or the driver which are both thrusters. and also the lost mini driver which can be a quad or thruster.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,570
    Get one shaped for you and have the 5 Fusion FCS convertible box put in, then you can have both quad and thruster in one board!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Get one shaped for you and have the 5 Fusion FCS convertible box put in, then you can have both quad and thruster in one board!
    Truth. Got that on three of my sticks. Versatility is nice. Might even bonz one of them just because.

    Oh, the court's a bit sloppy today? Why don't you lace up your high-top Jordans. You'll be ballin like Prince with those. Blouses.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,570
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Truth. Got that on three of my sticks. Versatility is nice. Might even bonz one of them just because.

    Oh, the court's a bit sloppy today? Why don't you lace up your high-top Jordans. You'll be ballin like Prince with those. Blouses.
    Right on Emass, hey (just an observation) for someone who recently started surfing you sure have a lot of boards already and have mentioned lots of experiences with them. Are you just pulling our leg with the whole i'm a 33yr old grom? (not being funny, just asking)

  5. #5
    Personally, I wouldn't buy any board that was set up for quad only. Thruster or five fin convertibles for me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't buy any board that was set up for quad only. Thruster or five fin convertibles for me.
    good call. most people with 5fin's end up riding it mostly as a thruster anyhow.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Right on Emass, hey (just an observation) for someone who recently started surfing you sure have a lot of boards already and have mentioned lots of experiences with them. Are you just pulling our leg with the whole i'm a 33yr old grom? (not being funny, just asking)
    Maybe, maybe not!!!

    On the realz - I find the deals. You know, buy low sell hi like NJshred does with his paper chase. There's lots of kooks out there who bought the wrong board and be fire sellin to liquidate. Their trash, my treasure, much pleasure!!! I probs have spent less on 10 used sticks than some have for 2 freshies. Sometimes I score big with a mint ride on the cheap, other times it's a fixer-upper like Grammy's hoop-dee (see: 1980's commercial rap) and I've learned to glass and sand like any good grom should.

    Never said I got around to charging with the whole quiver!! Some of the sticks I got because they were too cheap and good to pass up, others I knew would be desirable for resale and others for utility of either certain conditions or being a good beater to take novice friends out in the 8-10 with
    At the very least, having the walls of your otherwise feng shui crib lined with the better part of your quiver is a great convo piece for the wahines to ax bout when they roll through for some service and the sticks eventually feel like family. In this case, a traditional Irish-Catholic fam with 8 kids since they don't believe in contraception.

    It's flat season hombres. I can only charge mush for an hour a day, if that. I don't sleep, so there's 8 hours of darkness that needs to be occupied and there's only so many vids of sick goofy-footers on das web. You run out of footage pretty quick and waxing, de-waxing, and polishing the unused 2/3 of your quiver is a convenient substitute.

    So Broseffy, I could either be a grisled, cagey vet pulling all your chains (psyche!!!!) or I could be the "all in", super-committed, over-aged grom! Either way, I'm gonna be frothin hard and on top of my surf game like sesame seeds before long.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jul 18, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Oh snap! Was just thinkin today how well I was doin lately with the brevity in my posts. That's minors, brah! Won't happen again for at least 3 days.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,293
    Jon Ashton makes insane 5 fin boards.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't buy any board that was set up for quad only. Thruster or five fin convertibles for me.
    Can always kick it twinnie style!!! Trow it back bruddah!!! The babies love it when you kick it like hannabuddah days.