LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Kook Identifier or Actually useful?

Just saw this item that uses gps tech to track and compile data of your surf session...
    Maybe if NJShredMachine or Paddington uses one of these we'll all beable to see through their bullsh*t stories of 23footers!

http://magicseaweed.com/news/trace-a...ing-tech/5488/

Interesting, to be sure. But, enough already with the technology in every friggin aspect of my life. (not aimed at you OP)

I don't know about anyone else but give us some downtime, you mad prognosticating self-styled-hipsters of self-proclaimed cool which, in reality, is actually techno-garbage emanating from the stank of Madison Avenue in formats that you techno-controllers tell us we simply must have.

A brief parody of Emma Lazarus famous poem:

Give me your tired working humans, your poor worn out eyeballs,
    Your huddled, hunched postures yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of apps within your teeming iPhone.

Send these, the obsessive, controlling, tempest-tost devices to the recycling bin,
    I lift my iPhone no more as I re-discover my basic lamp illuminating the simple golden days of yore!"

I just bought ten of these. Not. Definitely a kook tag.

GPS measured speed for surfing is about the most useless piece of information. When surfing the speed going from points A-B isn't that fast...it's speed relative to the moving water that matters. Right?

im not into all the technology,but it definitely seems cool,and should only be used by those on this forum since everybody swears there the best.for example,"dude I got like a 10 second barrel,and boosted a 7ft air" data compels u were barreled for .08seconds and did an air 1.3ft

I take my watch off when I go surf. More and more, in all aspects of life, it didnt happen or it doesnt matter unless you have some media around it. "You can instantly go to your iphone and see how your session stacked up." WHAT??????? i JUST GOT OUT OF THE WATER!!! I DONT NEED MY PHONE TO TELL ME WHAT MY MIND AND BODY ALREADY KNOWS!!!!!!!

Kook factor x's 10000000000.

NO GIZMOS IN THE LINEUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Kook factor x's 10000000000.

NO GIZMOS IN THE LINEUP!
    I wouldn't mind this Gizmo in the lineup, but watch out, you know what happens when they get wet!gizmo.jpg

Apparently you need one of these, or a photographer, to be a real surfer according to a few people on this forum. Maybe we can get a group by and pass em out to potential new members. No posting until you log at least 10 sessions.

Wouldn't spend the $ on it, but I'm not offended by it. Went out to Vail couple years ago and they had a chip embedded in their passes that told you how many vertical feet (based on lifts ridden) that you skied. I thought it was pretty cool, just a stat you could boast about at the bar later, nothing to take too seriously. I think it'd be fun to know who got the longest wave or fasted speed among my surf buddies in a session, just to brag and bust balls. Wouldn't post it up on my facebook or anything.

Then again, I don't think I'd ever paddle our with a GoPro, because I think it takes away from the 'in the moment' feeling I am after when I surf. Maybe this falls in the same boat.

I'd probably rock it for a session or two for kicks, but beyond that, nah.

I can't wait to use this with my WaveJet!

the ocean is where i go to escape from my computer/phone/device and all the other digital bs being thrown at me, especially since i work at a tech company. disconnect in the water