LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

here comes the sand...

sand.fill.jpg

The army corp at their best...Monmouth Beach NJ this was a great break for quite some time.. shame.

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    sand.fill.jpg

The army corp at their best...Monmouth Beach NJ this was a great break for quite some time.. shame.
    MB was replenished a couple of years ago. It actually turned it into the spot you know and love, full of hollow waves. Replenishment will be good in spots. People don't realize it. Loch Arbor hasn't been replenished since the early 90's or something like that. Whens the last time you saw a hollow wave there?

Talked to one of the workers last night... according to him, in about two weeks they expect to have 60,000 cubic yards of sand pumped at that beach, then move their pipes to the next beach north. It will take a long time before it comes back... but hopefully it will. Since Sandy, it had been very good... best I've seen since I moved there in '94.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    MB was replenished a couple of years ago. It actually turned it into the spot you know and love, full of hollow waves. Replenishment will be good in spots. People don't realize it. Loch Arbor hasn't been replenished since the early 90's or something like that. Whens the last time you saw a hollow wave there?
    Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Careful what you wish for.
    But the fact remains that we won't know until after a couple of storms. Long Branch and MB are two of the most popular surfing spots right now. Both have faced heavy replenishment in the past few years.

Images
    Aaggghhh! People in charge of us are ignorant. The world is f@cked with this just being a highlight of total stupidity. Waahh

Do you think that building dunes would have a different effect on the creating more sustainable beaches rather than pumping in sand to build a beach? Or is there not enough room to build a proper dune? Have heard quite a bit of talk about dunes lately. The dune in front of my friends house in LI is absolutely massive and certainly wasn't nearly as big when I was a younger

same on lbi 2 of my favorite spots are now 10 feet under the new beach.

sand.2.jpg I think the jetty in Allenhurst NJ has worked the best. Even though all the Cabanas got washed away the sand in that area is still the same after "sandy". A long backwards "L" construction.

Dredging is starting down here too...it's already mucking up the break. Hopefully a quick spell of hurricane season will restore the order...it was working really well this year.