LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Me neva get bummed brah...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    stay down, stay down.

how can you not laugh at some of these posts? you drag yourself into it, post weak-ass little 'zingers', then get bummed when it doesn't work out like you thought? come on buddy.....

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Is he a cop still or did he get kicked off the force? Can't remember what happened after that. And yeah, he's a wide / thick dude, funny you rolled w/him, you must be 205-265 then right?
    Can't remember if the force booted him but they did not take kindly to the press. That was years back when MMA was far less accepted. The McDojos have helped the public opinion of the sport even though they kill its internal legitimacy.

We did some stand-up too. It's a very big Muay Thai gym but all disciplines have world-class instructors and competitors. I'm 172 at 6% bf right now. When I trained with Sean I was probably 187-190 or so because that's what I usually walked at before I'd cut 17-27 pounds for weigh-ins. My strength per weight is very high though so I can be even with a 225 pounder strength-wise. Before MMA I was 215-228 and a BSH. Not fat at all but too bulky for my height and body type. This is what I was meant to be at for weight now and athleticism and joint/muscle health is through the roof as a result.

The main disadvantage I'd have with Sean or the taller/tangier guys is reach for stand-up and limb length for jits. Look at Kendall Grove, he's got it made. I think we talked about that before though. Going up against them you really have to find your critical distance and set up your invasions and make sure they're explosive. Clinch game and dirty boxing is key too once you close the gap. Gotta love the advantage for shooting legs against taller dudes though.

Let's talk more later on, I gotta step in this liquid now!!

He didn't get booted, though hey did not like that he took part in a non-sanctioned fight... He works in the Gang Unit or something like that.

Is he a cop still or did he get kicked off the force? Can't remember what happened after that. And yeah, he's a wide / thick dude, funny you rolled w/him, you must be 205-265 then right?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Can't remember if the force booted him but they did not take kindly to the press. That was years back when MMA was far less accepted. The McDojos have helped the public opinion of the sport even though they kill its internal legitimacy.

We did some stand-up too. It's a very big Muay Thai gym but all disciplines have world-class instructors and competitors. I'm 172 at 6% bf right now. When I trained with Sean I was probably 187-190 or so because that's what I usually walked at before I'd cut 17-27 pounds for weigh-ins. My strength per weight is very high though so I can be even with a 225 pounder strength-wise. Before MMA I was 215-228 and a BSH. Not fat at all but too bulky for my height and body type. This is what I was meant to be at for weight now and athleticism and joint/muscle health is through the roof as a result.

The main disadvantage I'd have with Sean or the taller/tangier guys is reach for stand-up and limb length for jits. Look at Kendall Grove, he's got it made. I think we talked about that before though. Going up against them you really have to find your critical distance and set up your invasions and make sure they're explosive. Clinch game and dirty boxing is key too once you close the gap. Gotta love the advantage for shooting legs against taller dudes though.

Let's talk more later on, I gotta step in this liquid now!!
    Wow, that's quite the size difference, definitely a challenge dealing with a dude that size, but not impossible, we stalkier guys have our advantages too though, lower center of gravity but loads of power, definitely gotta stay outta arms reach though and get inside to do your dirty work, anyways, Get waves brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    He didn't get booted, though hey did not like that he took part in a non-sanctioned fight... He works in the Gang Unit or something like that.
    Good for him man, would be a shame for him to lose his job over something like that, but I would understand why. After watching the film I'm sure the Sarg in charge probably thought, damn, why would we fire him, let's put him in the most dangerous unit and let him whoop asses and take fool to jail.

we stalkier guys have our advantages...

If you're into the whole restraining order thing? haha, sorry--couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    If you're into the whole restraining order thing? haha, sorry--couldn't resist.
    Ya never know HAHAHA, nah, I don't even know if that's a word, but it's Friday, so I made it a word.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Ever try duck diving a heavy wave or going over the falls/eating schitt with goggles on? Now you're wearing a cool necklace.
    I have no problem with your enthusiasm, I caught my first wave 29 years ago as of this summer and grew up on the Pacific Ocean. Iíve built a life around surfing, I live minutes from some of the best breaks in North America, I chose my college not for its curricula vitae but for its proximity to waves, I'm lucky enough to have a job that I get to pick my own hours, I married a shaperís only daughter at the cliffs above Blackís Beach and I surf as much as I can. We all have stoke and enthusiasm, otherwise we wouldnít do this year after year after year. Itís not your stoke or buffoonery that I mind, it's comments like the above that I have a problem with.

They make goggles and sunglasses designed specifically for surfing. Did you know that?
    More to the point, how much heavy water have you even actually been in, you've only been surfing the East Coast since February? Do you really think that you know what heavy water is? As an example, the pictures of the May swell hitting the Wedge, thatís what an 8-10í wave looks like when it hits a jetty. I surfed that swell at Trestles as it peaked at 5í at 18S, 45 minutes South of where those pictures were taken and better exposed to that swellís direction. It was solid OH, but I would not call it heavy. What they call legit 6í in HI.

It makes me wonder about the validity of all of your claims. If you're this wrong about all the things you post about surfing, what does it say about the legitimacy of your other posts? Perhaps all of your posts are wrong, I donít know enough about kinesiology or nutrition to make that judgment. But, I do know a thing or two about surfing, enough to know that you post misinformation about it as fact. It makes me think that youíre equally misinformed about these other subjects as well.

Itís stuff like somehow you're qualified to comment on a wetsuit thread, even though you've never worn out a wetsuit, youíre still on your first! Youíve only ever owned one brand! There are guys on here, myself included, who buy a new wetsuit every season. Not because I want to, but because the knee pads fall apart and the seams split from overuse, the rubberís fine (Quicksilver Cypher 2012 rinsed every use and never peed in : P, before everybody jumps down my throat for buying cheap rubber). Now Iím on a Ripcurl F-Bomb. I have no idea what wetsuit is the best, the tech changes all the time. The wetsuits I was wearing 10 years ago are nothing like the suits today. Thatís why I donít comment on wetsuit threads, cause I know enough to know I donít know enough. Also, cause out here we only wear 3/2ís or maybe a 4/3 at most if you get chilly easily.

Or how about this classic vignette, ďRockin da 5-10s now!!! Neva go mo den 7 somethin eva!!!! Longboard = wrongboard!!!Ē There are so many reasons to own boards over 7í and not every board over 7í feet is a longboard. My guns are 7í6Ēor bigger, I use them in heavy water. Someday, if you stick with surfing, youíll have to admit how wrong you are about this one. And, at your weight and height a 5í10Ē fish is nothing to crow about. Iím 6í2Ē and weighed 194 this morning. The last RNF I owned was a 5í10Ē. WHOOPEE. How big or short your board is means nothing, itís how you ride it.

How can you comment on surfboard build threads, even though youíve never put planer to foam? Shape a board before you knock someone elseís efforts. Then after youíve shaped your first board, try glassing it. Thatís when the fun really starts.

Or my favorite, "I can't stand sitting on my board, I just think it's tacky and lazy." You know why you sit on your board, even though it causes problems with your lower back and neck (thereís actually a trick to ease both, just make sure that the boards nose is below the tail and not the other way around, makes you sit up straight and prevents you from slouching)? Itís so you can see how the waves will break when they get to you, even though theyíre just little rollers a few hundred yards off when you first spy them. Itís something experienced surfers do so that they can be in the right place at the right time. You canít do that lying on your stomach, you wonít see past the waves closest to you. I read that and thought, I bet itís actually because he canít really do it properly, sit on the board that is. Itís a skill acquired with time and experience. At some point it becomes something you take for granted, but we all remember slipping and sliding all over the place when we learned.

Your knowledge of surfing is woefully inadequate, but that's okay, there's no shame in admitting that you're not an expert on something that you're a beginner at. However, you provide misleading information to those who donít know any better and present yourself as if you're an authority and there are lot of people on this forum, especially during the summer, who donít know any better. Youíre doing them a disservice.

Perhaps you should just sit back and listen and learn first. Iíve practiced Jun Fan JKD and Vale Tudo under one of Dan Inosantoís instructors for about a decade now. Theyíve taught me humility, respect, to never underestimate anything, that I donít know everything and that there is no shame in that and most importantly that there is no way to master anything, there is only repetition. Would you ever walk into a dojo and act like you have on this forum? Why would you not treat surfing and as an extension, this forum the same way?

ďYour ego is not your amigo.Ē

This^ x 1000

Images
    Finally.....for the most part I gave up on the SI forum because Emass ruined it for me. Any topic that I had the slightest interest in was ruined by his idiotic jibber jabber. SO when I saw this post I had to take a gander.

Mr. Gaffer, nicely done. Your posts have made a better contribution to this forum than most all others collectively. And Clemson, nice call out. Maybe a step in refreshing my interest.

Mr. Swell Info Admin, Ban EmassSpicoli before he runs off too many more users like myself and ruins your brand.

I said it months ago, I've never met anyone from Mass that doesn't enjoy hearing themselves talk more than listening (or something like that). Another perfect example.