LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    winter surf rules. Granted the fall is best but winter theres only a handful of people out, I find colder water to be denser therefor floats the board better and more speed. I surfed New Years Day this year all day with no one out and caught more than my share of waves. I use a 4/3 hooded Xcel with 7 ml booties, 5 ml gloves. never got cold.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    winter surf rules. Granted the fall is best but winter theres only a handful of people out, I find colder water to be denser therefor floats the board better and more speed. I surfed New Years Day this year all day with no one out and caught more than my share of waves. I use a 4/3 hooded Xcel with 7 ml booties, 5 ml gloves. never got cold.
    That really gets me stoked! I cant wait for wetsuit season, im tired of small waves, people, and jellyfish!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Spring and fall are usually good. Winter sucks. At least that is how it went this year. We read all the posts about epic days up north thanks to Nor'easters, while it was barely rideable knee high down here.
    i beg to differ surfing.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    I only saw two days like that all winter. We had 3 weeks straight (in January I believe) with little to no surfable waves. It started to get nice again by beginning of march, and April/May were really nice. I still think late fall is the best here. Usually consistent waves, no tourists, spring suits or light full suits, and the air still feels comfortable.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I only saw two days like that all winter. We had 3 weeks straight (in January I believe) with little to no surfable waves. It started to get nice again by beginning of march, and April/May were really nice. I still think late fall is the best here. Usually consistent waves, no tourists, spring suits or light full suits, and the air still feels comfortable.
    yeah late fall is my favorite as well hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    7mm booties? those are moon boots! i bet you were warm.

Images
    That literally looks like heaven. Hahahaha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSurfer View Post
    That literally looks like heaven. Hahahaha
    i was thinking the same thing and the best part to is that was one of the smaller sets!! rights lefts As everything

Images
    i was thinking the same thing and the best part to is that was one of the smaller sets!! rights lefts As everything
    In so looking foward to wetsuit season! Its gonna be a completely different experience, a great one at that!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSurfer View Post
    In so looking foward to wetsuit season! Its gonna be a completely different experience, a great one at that!
    Winter's great, Spring's great, Fall's great; but I love Summer. From the end of May until you feel the first real chill in the air during those end of September early mornings. Seems as my years get longer every Summer is just a little shorter. Summer in California can be a beautiful time.

Measuring a summer's day, I only finds it slips away to grey,
    The hours, they bring me pain.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Jul 21, 2013 at 04:03 AM.