LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colored wax...

Hybrid View

Colored wax...

Rewaxed my board today. Basecoat goes on fine. I use pink wax for the topcoat thinking it won't go on pink. Mother f, now I have pink wax on my board. Is there any way I can get this ish off?

Images
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    I use pink wax for the topcoat thinking it won't go on pink. Mother f, now I have pink wax on my board.
    Non Sequitur

Last edited by zaGaffer; Jul 21, 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Grammar

Will that take off the base wax too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    Will that take off the base wax too?

put the board in the sun for 30min and use a old credit card to scrape it off.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfislife View Post
    put the board in the sun for 30min and use a old credit card to scrape it off.
    Don't do this. You're asking for a delam.

What's wrong with being homo any way? It'll actually make you cooler in some situations. It's too late for me, wife and 2 kids but I suggest you try the other side.

Leave it on: pink wax is rad.

Like a year ago a shop was out of normal wax and I had to buy "chronic green". Looked f**king gay on day one (90's gay, not 2013 gay, it's cool). Still, a year later, the board looks like crap because the wax, even after a year of adding normal wax, still has green streaks in it. I recommend getting some of that firewater stuff, it's pricey, and purge your board of that hideous sh*t before it ruins your life entirely.

I don't even want to talk about sticky bumps punt wax... "Something I wish we could un-invent", as Nicholas Cage would put it.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Like a year ago a shop was out of normal wax and I had to buy "chronic green". Looked f**king gay on day one (90's gay, not 2013 gay, it's cool). Still, a year later, the board looks like crap because the wax, even after a year of adding normal wax, still has green streaks in it. I recommend getting some of that firewater stuff, it's pricey, and purge your board of that hideous sh*t before it ruins your life entirely.

I don't even want to talk about sticky bumps punt wax... "Something I wish we could un-invent", as Nicholas Cage would put it.
    Holy **** man. I used punt a couple months ago. It was like putting industrial strength super glue mixed with marshmallow fluff. Worst stuff ever! It got all over my wetsuit, all over everything else. I'm with you, wish we could uninvent.

On the other hand. Munkey is good wax. Sticky but not over kill.

As to the original question. Let the wax get warm. Then scrape it with a wax comb. Finish with the pickle and your gay pink board will just be a gay white board.