LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colored wax...

Colored wax...

Rewaxed my board today. Basecoat goes on fine. I use pink wax for the topcoat thinking it won't go on pink. Mother f, now I have pink wax on my board. Is there any way I can get this ish off?

Images
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    I use pink wax for the topcoat thinking it won't go on pink. Mother f, now I have pink wax on my board.
    Non Sequitur

Last edited by zaGaffer; Jul 21, 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Grammar

Will that take off the base wax too?

put the board in the sun for 30min and use a old credit card to scrape it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    Will that take off the base wax too?

Leave it on: pink wax is rad.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfislife View Post
    put the board in the sun for 30min and use a old credit card to scrape it off.
    Don't do this. You're asking for a delam.

What's wrong with being homo any way? It'll actually make you cooler in some situations. It's too late for me, wife and 2 kids but I suggest you try the other side.

Like a year ago a shop was out of normal wax and I had to buy "chronic green". Looked f**king gay on day one (90's gay, not 2013 gay, it's cool). Still, a year later, the board looks like crap because the wax, even after a year of adding normal wax, still has green streaks in it. I recommend getting some of that firewater stuff, it's pricey, and purge your board of that hideous sh*t before it ruins your life entirely.

I don't even want to talk about sticky bumps punt wax... "Something I wish we could un-invent", as Nicholas Cage would put it.

Images
    Of course!!!!!!!!!! What I do is I just leave my board on my porch in the sun until it heats up and gets melty, then I simply scrape it off with a wax comb. The only time I really ever do this though is if my wax is getting old on the board, or the changing water temps for different wax.