LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colored wax...

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    X2 on the Pickle.
    Ya I gotta stock up on these since they're cheap as hell. Works real good and I've just about run through my first one. Tattered pickle!

Quote Originally Posted by Hash Slinging Slasher View Post
    Rewaxed my board today. Basecoat goes on fine. I use pink wax for the topcoat thinking it won't go on pink. Mother f, now I have pink wax on my board. Is there any way I can get this ish off?
    Throw your board down in front of your local srrrfrrr grrrls.

And start licking.

Winner. Any way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Throw your board down in front of your local srrrfrrr grrrls.

And start licking.

Winner. Any way you slice it.
    Drivel's the best part of SI brah!!! Carry on!!

What type of wax is it? Never seen wax that came out a noticeable color

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    It all turns black eventually anyway... Till then, rip on it and everyone will think you're the coolest surf cat ever.

But if you really don't like it, wax is like two bucks a bar. Scrape that S off and start over.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    It all turns black eventually anyway... Till then, rip on it and everyone will think you're the coolest surf cat ever.

But if you really don't like it, wax is like two bucks a bar. Scrape that S off and start over.
    In this economy? Really LBC? I have to make a bar of wax last 2.5 years.

Let them eat cake!

Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    those pickles are a joke. it's just foam dust in there
    Sure, if one has access to foam dust, one can put said foam dust into pantyhose and create their own pickle.... but it will be brown, so you'll have to come up with a different name..... lol.

I don't like using sawdust because you have to be careful what you're using--it's never uniform in "grain" size and mine's always mixed with something you shouldn't be breathing. ie black walnut (silica will cut your alveoli), wenge (sawdust is actually mostly tiny needles like fiberglass and it's poisonous), cedar (many people are highly allergic to the dust), etc..

Jesus who cares? Nobody is looking at your wax. Rub some sand in there and wear a rashie. We tolerate our gay brethren in the water too....no need to surf in the closet

Besides, you're not supposed to use mommy's Yankee Candles anyway. You know carnation is her favorite scent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Pretty sure they make colored wax nowadays... I've seen them in stores although I've never seen anyone with it on their boards... Here's a link that I just found: http://www.atlanticbodyboards.com/st...-surf-wax.html

Maybe all the groms are using it to be super awesome at surfing... I think it helps with their speed and maneuverability.