LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 188
  1. #11
    Hey Cosby,
    GO FOR IT!!
    My buddy Mike and I have shaped several boards. No matter how it turns out, surfing your creation will make your day! I am by no means a pro and every time I look at my boards, I see things I need to do better. Especially when I compare them to professional shapers boards... I am actually making my first Pawlonia board from a tree I grew myself, actually, I have to call the kiln today to see if it is dry enough yet...

    Your first call should be to Greenlight Surf Supply. Brian is super helpful and really good with answering the phone/email for questions. He has kits and everything to get you started. Make sure you get the vented leash plug he invented too. All your wood tools will work on foam for sure.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ron4pres View Post
    Hey Cosby,
    GO FOR IT!!
    My buddy Mike and I have shaped several boards. No matter how it turns out, surfing your creation will make your day! I am by no means a pro and every time I look at my boards, I see things I need to do better. Especially when I compare them to professional shapers boards... I am actually making my first Pawlonia board from a tree I grew myself, actually, I have to call the kiln today to see if it is dry enough yet...

    Your first call should be to Greenlight Surf Supply. Brian is super helpful and really good with answering the phone/email for questions. He has kits and everything to get you started. Make sure you get the vented leash plug he invented too. All your wood tools will work on foam for sure.
    just go there and make a board. they have the setup you'll need. your seriously in way over your head if you have other stuff in the garage. just wait till you glass and sand. your whole house will stink bad if you use poly resin. it will look like it snowed in there after you sand. your neighbors will hate you too. think it through a little more and. just go to greenlight and pay for a lesson or whatever. safest bet and you'll be glad you did. just be ready to pay out the a$$ for materials. most expensive supply shop in the US!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    not the kind of lighting you need i bet. is it overhead... then no good. you have to have side lighting. saw horses? your kidding right? trust me...your wasting your time if you think that will work.

    i'd clear that whole thing out if i were you. infact...post a pic of what it looks like right now.
    I will tonight. Why wouldn't I want to use a sawhorse?

  4. #14
    no offense, but if you even have to ask... just go to greenlight and learn from them. at least for 1 board. trust me.

  5. #15
    there are wants and needs here. All you really need is a blank, some time, and some basic hand tools. It would probably benefit you to spend $20 at home depot and throw together a proper shaping stand. Just 2x4's and a couple 5 gallon buckets really. We made mine completely out of scrap, there is a 5" diameter cast iron rod weighing it down to the floor...

  6. #16
    or better yet, forget about shaping and go on a surf trip. if your not ready to do it right then don't do it at all. surf trip is more bang for your buck.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    no offense, but if you even have to ask... just go to greenlight and learn from them. at least for 1 board. trust me.
    I'm really just looking for somthing to pass the time, at home. A sawhorse is just a platform, you know? You can attach things to it like lighting, you can pad it up with foam and make a good adjustable table

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    I'm really just looking for somthing to pass the time, at home. A sawhorse is just a platform, you know? You can attach things to it like lighting, you can pad it up with foam and make a good adjustable table
    lol... go youtube shaping videos. you'll see what i mean. you HAVE to have a 4 point rack. not sawhorses.

    or just do weird sh!t and waste your money on a turd.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    lol... go youtube shaping videos. you'll see what i mean. you HAVE to have a 4 point rack. not sawhorses.

    or just do weird sh!t and waste your money on a turd.
    I see. I will get some use out of the sawhorse though.

  10. #20
    a wood board kit might be more up your alley. easy to build, and lighting and all the other crap aren't as critical