LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 188
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    No wayz brah!!! I was bouts to offer you my Alaska Air frequent flyer miles!!! YVR and BCferries beckon us...
    im all about super secret point in NorCal weedlands early fall. j-bay style! 10 mile hike in!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    his spit-bag mug shot posts had me almost crying. lol.
    Bru, these were from the PD's file photos!!! Really was trevol kicking that "sinister smile" haha!!! Ya man, I probably laughed harder posting them. They really have a contraption for inmates who are defying authority by spitting like a llama haha!!

    I'll not derail this thread anymore (I do that enough!!) since it's got great input from in the know brahs like AO, Erock, and LB. If those vets can just recommend a sawhorse that will work to BCN's liking, he may be able to go through with this pipe dream. Dat perv loves his sawhorses!!!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    BCN, this is the only time you've added any coolness to the forum. Congrats!

    Looks like Atlantico and other's may have tried and didn't knock it out of the park the first time and quit.... so what? I bet any board you make will float at least for a while. I just finished my second hollow wooden surfboard last night. It's easily 10x better than my first one. Next one will be better than that one.

    There's a stigma with surfing that if you're not riding the most highly tuned board with space age composites that the guy next to you is riding too, you're a kook wasting your time. That's cool if you want to pay attention to that. Do you ride in contests? Will you be riding this board in contests? Probably no to both questions. Just make one and let Atlantico fight with Emass, that's what they do best.

    If you're nervous about it, get a beat up longboard and chop it up into a mini or something. This mini craze going around is making all the weirdest boards look like the coolest ones.

    If you're off by a couple cm or even inches just tell the fool that mentions it you made an asymmetrical board to help you with your frontside air reverses.
    I've had half a longboard sitting in my basement for a few months and this is finally giving me the motivation to get working on it. One kooky-@ss asymetrical single fin coming up!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bru, these were from the PD's file photos!!! Really was trevol kicking that "sinister smile" haha!!! Ya man, I probably laughed harder posting them. They really have a contraption for inmates who are defying authority by spitting like a llama haha!!

    I'll not derail this thread anymore (I do that enough!!) since it's got great input from in the know brahs like AO, Erock, and LB. If those vets can just recommend a sawhorse that will work to BCN's liking, he may be able to go through with this pipe dream. Dat perv loves his sawhorses!!!

    nooo...that really was him?!?! too funny! how do the cops keep a straight face when they put em on people?

    BCN should defintely go through with it. he'll get hooked if he puts some effort into the setup. having a place to shape is golden. if the parents are down then run with it. he'll never be bored again. plus, anyone can make boards. after all...they're toys!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    nooo...that really was him?!?! too funny! how do the cops keep a straight face when they put em on people?

    BCN should defintely go through with it. he'll get hooked if he puts some effort into the setup. having a place to shape is golden. if the parents are down then run with it. he'll never be bored again. plus, anyone can make boards. after all...they're toys!
    They don't keep a straight face. It's totally Super Troopers steeze.

    Pretty sure BCN's parents are ok with this project because they're not real. They're cardboard cut-outs. Hard to get love from paper silhouettes. That explains a lot though. Poor chap.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    I've had half a longboard sitting in my basement for a few months and this is finally giving me the motivation to get working on it. One kooky-@ss asymetrical single fin coming up!
    Half a LB, so you gonna pop out a Mini Simmons? Tight!!! Can't wait to see it at the break!!!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    They don't keep a straight face. It's totally Super Troopers steeze.

    Pretty sure BCN's parents are ok with this project because they're not real. They're cardboard cut-outs. Hard to get love from paper silhouettes. That explains a lot though. Poor chap.
    LOL. maybe they just want him to stay in the basement. they love him, but not when he's around.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    894
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    Clemson surf, sorry to snap, but you throw out weird assumptions for a college guy learning to surf.

    i love to argue and talk about surfing. everyone in my family surfs. all we do is argue about surfing. my brothers and i would beat the sh!t out of each other over it, growing up.

    i like Emass. that dude is amped on surfing and posts funny stuff. can't beat that. his spit-bag mug shot posts had me almost crying. lol. he's one of the coolest dudes on SI in my book.

    what?, you don't like eccentric people. are you to normal?
    Thanks for calling me a college boy, haven't been one for a while but I still have my boyish good looks. And jeez... ClemsonSurf.... it's a dorky name but it's the one I got. How would it look if I just went and changed my name?

    I got a lot of "help" like you were giving when I first decided to make some boards. It wasn't useful. You offered some advice and a couple tools but if you don't have lights don't waste your time...? That doesn't make sense. If someone was saying "I'm quitting my job to become a shaper what should I do?" then that might be sound advice.

    You're not a very good rapper.

    Tell my Mom I said hi.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    I've had half a longboard sitting in my basement for a few months and this is finally giving me the motivation to get working on it. One kooky-@ss asymetrical single fin coming up!
    make a picklefork. something like this. LaLa is rad!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    29
    I did it with a basic garage, a saw ( to cut the shape out ) and a handheld sureform to shape. Plus you need to have a little block plane ( not a big one - it won't fit into the curve on the deck as you near the nose ) to get the stringer and you'll need some sandpaper. I found future boxes the easiest to install.
    My blank / glass / resin came from WRV. They trucked it up to the Va Beach store where I picked it up. At the time the cost of materials for one at a time board making was about 250.00.
    Go on the internet and look at Swaylocks. The site is a wealth of info on design and construction techniques. When my first glass job started to go off early ( halfway through the job ) I got on Swaylocks and had immediate advice from people all over the planet. Pretty cool.
    Honestly, there is an art to it and you can buy a better board than you can make as an amateur but there is great satisfaction in it and you may get lucky and make a magic board.