LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 188
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Thanks for calling me a college boy, haven't been one for a while but I still have my boyish good looks. And jeez... ClemsonSurf.... it's a dorky name but it's the one I got. How would it look if I just went and changed my name?

    I got a lot of "help" like you were giving when I first decided to make some boards. It wasn't useful. You offered some advice and a couple tools but if you don't have lights don't waste your time...? That doesn't make sense. If someone was saying "I'm quitting my job to become a shaper what should I do?" then that might be sound advice.

    You're not a very good rapper.

    Tell my Mom I said hi.
    yeah yeah... just giving you sh!t dude. i went over top there. your alright. expect the tupac quote. nothing like southern plantation pilgrims quoting rappers. im bummed im not a good rapper how bout a haiku next time?

    f*ck, i misspelled my name and didn't catch it in time. hence AtanticO. sounds stupid. i know.


    it was sounding like building racks were to difficult. or lights were to involved. if those simple things are a hangup, how can you make a board? i didn't get the impression he was looking for a career, but being a total hack is a waste of his own time and money. he could by all means, take a little pride in himself and get a feeling of accomplishment with a tiny bit of effort. just don't assume im talking out of my a$s about setting up a place to make boards. i've seen this senerio before. just do it right or go use/rent a real shaping room. too easy. lights and a rack. if he keeps the shape simple it will be ok. dude should know it's more effort then he thinks. but totally doable.
    Last edited by AtanticO; Jul 22, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Thanks for calling me a college boy, haven't been one for a while but I still have my boyish good looks. And jeez... ClemsonSurf.... it's a dorky name but it's the one I got. How would it look if I just went and changed my name?

    I got a lot of "help" like you were giving when I first decided to make some boards. It wasn't useful. You offered some advice and a couple tools but if you don't have lights don't waste your time...? That doesn't make sense. If someone was saying "I'm quitting my job to become a shaper what should I do?" then that might be sound advice.

    You're not a very good rapper.

    Tell my Mom I said hi.
    Clemmy!!! AO needs to be accepted and invited to your Turkey gala this fall. He will no doubt come with secret cultural dishes from the PNW in hand.

    Let's all get along brahs!! Either that or meet at the nearest peak and have an Anchorman brawl!!! White rash guard skimmer where are you?!?!?!?!?!

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    f*ck, i misspelled my name and didn't catch it in time. hence AtanticO. sounds stupid. i know.

    i didn't get the impression he was looking for a career, but being a total hack is a waste of his own time and money. he could by all means, take a little pride in himself and get a feeling of accomplishment with a tiny bit of effort.
    Ho brah, did anyone catch that your name was misspelled? That's one of those optical illusions. I guess you don't get the 200 points on the SI SAT!!

    BCN is a total hack at life and he doesn't seem to mind the waste of time. Buoy doesn't seem to take much pride in himself and effort is not a concept with him.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,040
    Images
    6
    Holy S$IT I saw Atlantic the whole time!

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    I did it with a basic garage, a saw ( to cut the shape out ) and a handheld sureform to shape. Plus you need to have a little block plane ( not a big one - it won't fit into the curve on the deck as you near the nose ) to get the stringer and you'll need some sandpaper. I found future boxes the easiest to install.
    My blank / glass / resin came from WRV. They trucked it up to the Va Beach store where I picked it up. At the time the cost of materials for one at a time board making was about 250.00.
    Go on the internet and look at Swaylocks. The site is a wealth of info on design and construction techniques. When my first glass job started to go off early ( halfway through the job ) I got on Swaylocks and had immediate advice from people all over the planet. Pretty cool.
    Honestly, there is an art to it and you can buy a better board than you can make as an amateur but there is great satisfaction in it and you may get lucky and make a magic board.
    yep. sways is the spot for dudes on their own trying to figure it out.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Holy S$IT I saw Atlantic the whole time!
    haha. i didn't catch it till i couldn't log in. thought something was wrong with SI. changed my password a few times till i caught it.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Clemmy!!! AO needs to be accepted and invited to your Turkey gala this fall. He will no doubt come with secret cultural dishes from the PNW in hand.

    Let's all get along brahs!! Either that or meet at the nearest peak and have an Anchorman brawl!!! White rash guard skimmer where are you?!?!?!?!?!
    "Let's go over the groundrules. Rule number 1: No touching of the hair or face... AND THAT'S IT!"

  8. #78
    getting back to the thread's topic...a friend of mine bought the john carper 101 video and shaped a pos the first time, but, after that, he shaped some damn good boards (and some more sh*tty ones).

    He made me about 8 boards. Most of them were dogs, but the good ones were magic. A few of my favorite boards, ever, were his shapes...and I've owned shapes from most of the big names. At first, I didn't really want to ride his boards, but he was only charging me materials and, if I didn't like them, he would sell them for me (plus, it gave me a reason to travel down to Oceanside)

    He built the full kit though: blue room, waist high fluorescents, etc....but no glassing equip. He got the glassing done at Diamond Glassing. I don't know how he did the rocker, but I know he didn't have any special equipment for that, either.

    Point is, you don't really need much to shape...but I would leave the glassing to the pros.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,229
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    getting back to the thread's topic...a friend of mine bought the john carper 101 video and shaped a pos the first time, but, after that, he shaped some damn good boards (and some more sh*tty ones).

    He made me about 8 boards. Most of them were dogs, but the good ones were magic. A few of my favorite boards, ever, were his shapes...and I've owned shapes from most of the big names. At first, I didn't really want to ride his boards, but he was only charging me materials and, if I didn't like them, he would sell them for me (plus, it gave me a reason to travel down to Oceanside)

    He built the full kit though: blue room, waist high fluorescents, etc....but no glassing equip. He got the glassing done at Diamond Glassing. I don't know how he did the rocker, but I know he didn't have any special equipment for that, either.

    Point is, you don't really need much to shape...but I would leave the glassing to the pros.
    If you're not good at glassing, you better be good at sanding.

  10. #80
    hey AtanticO, read the first sentence on this page

    http://greenlightsurfsupply.com/surf...e---racks.aspx