LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 188 of 188
  1. #181
    I guess, but, idk, the shape is just a little wacky. Nowadays, I don't like having the widest point behind the middle line of the board...kinda screws up the balance of paddling/turnability. If you fixed that balance, it might be an all around better board.

    Your shape kinda reminds me of one of the boards my friend made me (below). That board would'a been killer if I hadn't have asked for down rails so far up the board (rails were catchy/knife-y)...oops.
    craverboard2.jpg
    Last edited by waterbaby; Jul 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

  2. #182
    It looks good to my eyes, so unless anyone sees something catastrophically wrong with it I'll probably go with that outline. Anyone?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,526
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Attachment 8321
    This better?
    No..it looks like you widened the tip of the nose but not the width flow through the front half of the board.

    That wont help with paddling at all.

    The original one looked better. What were it's dimensions. Why do you want a 6'8" groveler? Unless you are over 200 pounds, that seems like way too much length for a grovel/small wave board.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    No..it looks like you widened the tip of the nose but not the width flow through the front half of the board.

    That wont help with paddling at all.

    The original one looked better. What were it's dimensions. Why do you want a 6'8" groveler? Unless you are over 200 pounds, that seems like way too much length for a grovel/small wave board.
    I shortened it to 6"6. And yeah, I did just widen the nose. Truth be told I have never owned a shortboard. I've used one plenty of times but I've never had one as my daily driver. The board I use the most is the 7"6 from my rack pictures so I don't want to go too short but I want some volume.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,526
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    I shortened it to 6"6. And yeah, I did just widen the nose. Truth be told I have never owned a shortboard. I've used one plenty of times but I've never had one as my daily driver. The board I use the most is the 7"6 from my rack pictures so I don't want to go too short but I want some volume.
    Its hard to read the dimensions you posted...but it looks like 20.75"?

    you said you want to make a grovel board in the mid 6 foot range. Width is your friend for a small wave board, even if you want it to have some performance in the mix (the rocker/rails will take care of that).

    I don't know how you adjust the dimensions of that program your using, but if you decide to keep it at 6'6", I would try a template that is about 21.5" - 21.75" in the middle, push the wide point to about center, and the nose width (measured at 12" back from the nose) might serve you better if it was in the 14.5 - 15.5" range, especially if you haven't ridden a shortboard. Keeping that nose 14"-15" wide (or more) will make it paddle like a bigger board.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jul 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

  6. #186
    yo, holler at your uncle for me, man. Playing around in some board cad is great if you know what you are doing... doing it blindly is a waste. Go to a shop and look around for something you like. Talk to the guys about a good grovel board for someone of your size / ability. Take a picture or two and some mental notes about it. Say thanks. Go home and get your china town on and copy it. I made an almost exact replica of the CI red beauty a few years back, turned out great and I didn't buy a single brick of Al's mansion.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Attachment 8319Attachment 8320
    What do you guys think of this template?
    That one reminds me of some of the old 80s outlines.

    I agree with Mitchell... go wider in the nose at 12" back, and don't go to thick at that length.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,526
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    That one reminds me of some of the old 80s outlines.
    Speaking of old 80's outlines, I rode one of my old boards today in some waist high waves. Having gotten used to modern small wave boards (round nose fishes and mini simmons) these 80s shapes really don't get it done in small waves.

    This is an old 6'0" **** Rosborough board. Wow swellinfo is censoring this guy's name! Lets try it using characters that this website is more comfortable with...

    D!ck Rosborough. There!


    Sorry to hijack the thread but its relevant....this outline doesn't grovel, unless you're a rear footed pumping machine.

    Last edited by mitchell; Jul 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM.