LOGIN | REGISTER

Question Help, where should we go surfing?

Dear Surfer,<br />we are a family from Denmark presently in Orlando and returning to Denmark from Miami friday.<br />We would like to try surfing tuesday afternoon, wednesday or thursday, but we have difficulties in finding a place to go. Seems there are no waves. And the forecasts are difficult to read for a non surfer.<br /><br />Could you help, suggest a place?<br /><br />(We have no gear, so we have to rent.)<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Brgds<br /><br />Lars-Erik

Isn't there one of those Flowmaster or Flowbarrel places down there? These Danes may not be SOL if so.

There should be waves in Cocoa Beach and you can rent a board from Ron Jons or Cocoa Beach Surf Company. It's like a 45 min drive from Orlando

We are due for a waist to chest high east swell/ windswell by late Tuesday, certainly on Wednesday and Thursday. Like pcsurfer2 said, Ron Jons in Cocoa Beach is a quick drive, easy to find (just follow the massive billoards) and is open 24/7. The pier is right near the surf shop, but I would suggest going south to about 13th street or 17th Street. There is public access at the east end of all the streets in south Cocoa Beach, and a few good sandbars that are not too crowded. Load up on sunscreen you fair skinned visitors, and have fun.

Like others have said, follow the signs for Ron Jon, BUT I suggest you check out Cocoa Beach Surf Company right next to Ron Jon, more better IMO, get a board and walk to the beach, you can park in the parking garage, get lunch right there at the Shark Pit restaurant inside, and if you want to stay over a night you can stay right there at the 4 Points Sheraton, very nice place I might add.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jul 30, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

typhoon lagoon! LOL