LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TS Dorian

No swell for SC, as I predicted.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    No swell for SC, as I predicted.
    dude idk how much longer i can take this ...im not doing so well without the swell.

Wed looks to be a pretty good day.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    5 more pages on a swell that's not gonna happen.
    ^ Yah....sigh....well, at least we still have August & September. Bring on the wave train!

From earthsky.org :

"Bottom line: Tropical Storm Dorian continues to weaken as it pushes to the west and pushes closer to the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and eventually Cuba and the Bahamas. As wind shear and dry air continues to push into the system, Dorian will likely be downgraded to a tropical depression and eventually an open wave and will likely produce gusty winds and rain across Hispaniola. Everyone should continue to monitor Dorian just in case it intensifies, but as of now, it looks highly unlikely to strengthen."

Images
    You guys get wayyyyyyyy too excited aboot tropical systems. What, you guys flat in the SE or something? Have y'all ever considered moving to Rhode Island? Then you'd really get excited aboot hurricanes because they actually have places to deal with the energy.

I don't want any major swell activity. Like, the kind that breaks-up sandbars. The bars are strong right now, and we're getting a decent swell every 2-3 days up here. Rideable if ya need to go, in between. So Jesus, skip the hurricanes and just send plenty of lows across this country of Yours.

Man, we haven't had a real September in so long. These past Septembers, if it wasn't for 'cane swells they would have been terrible. Man, back when the world was ok, fall used to come early and there were plenty of local wind swells that treat the east coast the way the east coast is meant to be treated.

Yeah, there's some great days from tropical swells but y'all seem to want a Cat 4 sending block-long, close-outs to your favorite beachie. Then again east coasters tend to get excited when their favorite jetty gets some size to it. The waves might suck, but if it's "double overhead" the swell gets put in the record books.

You east coasters throw the term, "Double overhead," a lot on here. You guys know that DOH is, like, 10-12 foot, right. Just because a wave is over your head doesn't make it "overhead." There's a lot of variables and waves aren't ruler-edge, perfectly verticle.

Do youse guys know how rare it is that the east coast is a rideable "Double Overhead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You guys get wayyyyyyyy too excited aboot tropical systems. What, you guys flat in the SE or something? Have y'all ever considered moving to Rhode Island? Then you'd really get excited aboot hurricanes because they actually have places to deal with the energy.

I don't want any major swell activity. Like, the kind that breaks-up sandbars. The bars are strong right now, and we're getting a decent swell every 2-3 days up here. Rideable if ya need to go, in between. So Jesus, skip the hurricanes and just send plenty of lows across this country of Yours.

Man, we haven't had a real September in so long. These past Septembers, if it wasn't for 'cane swells they would have been terrible. Man, back when the world was ok, fall used to come early and there were plenty of local wind swells that treat the east coast the way the east coast is meant to be treated.

Yeah, there's some great days from tropical swells but y'all seem to want a Cat 4 sending block-long, close-outs to your favorite beachie. Then again east coasters tend to get excited when their favorite jetty gets some size to it. The waves might suck, but if it's "double overhead" the swell gets put in the record books.

You east coasters throw the term, "Double overhead," a lot on here. You guys know that DOH is, like, 10-12 foot, right. Just because a wave is over your head doesn't make it "overhead." There's a lot of variables and waves aren't ruler-edge, perfectly verticle.

Do youse guys know how rare it is that the east coast is a rideable "Double Overhead?"
    I can deal with some flatness. The warm weather, palm trees, and lack of crowds makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Seeing some highly skilled LB riders live at populated breaks lately as well as in videos, it makes me realize that those on LBs at my local break who just catch frequent waves with their log only to bottom turn once then ride it out down the line with no other movement really aren't doing much. Also getting a recent understanding and respect for the vast difference in LB style of the highly skilled group from that of SBs, I'd ask what you guys intend for in picking up a log the occasional days you do. Is it to just catch more waves and ride them out or is it to execute cross-stepping and changing the center of your gravity on the board throughout the ride like I see these exclusive LB guys do? I ask because it appears to be a whole different ball game than SB riding and shredding.
    In time young padawan, you will learn the true meaning of surfing. It's so blatantly obvious, that i decided to let you figure it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

Totally agree, SJB....can't complain at all with this summer so far...especially, considering I've been living down here close to the ocean and may have found a way to stay here for good. I've logged more water time this last month than i have for the whole year, and dang, man...it makes me a much happier man.

You guys may have noticed that I have been non-existent on here for the past month and a half, but it's only because I don't have a computer down there and I don't have the patience to read and type posts on my phone...you see what that did for NJShredMachine...lol.

Alls you'se guys are alright with me, man, when are we gonna get the whole SI crew together and have a big bash?....I'm telling you, I think we all just need to plan a weekend out and meet at Erock's for one hell of a BBQ. Would love to share some brews with y'all.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jul 28, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Of course we get excited about storms. What else is there...?

But seriously, Billy, it's been a terrific roll the past month & change; I concur with Koki; and for once, with you, Billy, you make good points about the bars being set & sweet.

Now...when's the bbq @ ERock's??

idk, looks like some leftover waist to chest action going on right now in the southeast. All the reports are saying it's only knee high (on purpose?), but the cams say different...clean, too.
    Last edited by waterbaby; Jul 28, 2013 at 04:15 PM.