LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TS Dorian

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    flsurfdog I'm in fort lauderdale checking on some boats and such. PM me man, I'm down for a beer. One can always dream for a wave, I saw some shots on surfline from a TS last year down here... almost hard to believe
    Aww man...Ft. Lauderdale is quite a ways from me, let me know if your going to be in the s. central towards Stuart or Ft. Pierce area, yea man, when Sandy came by here last year, and I wish I had went South, anywhere from a little north of W.P.B. to Miami was awesome. Bring your boards, it looks like there's going to be something by the middle or a little later in the following week, I just hope it stays off the coast!!
    Last edited by fl.surfdog; Jul 25, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Man, that sucks. Those constant letting out of water from Lake Okee is wrecking the Indian river lagoon here. The sea grassnis dead between Melbourne and fort pierce, fish and dolphin are dying due to that. And the government dithers.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Man, that sucks. Those constant letting out of water from Lake Okee is wrecking the Indian river lagoon here. The sea grassnis dead between Melbourne and fort pierce, fish and dolphin are dying due to that. And the government dithers.
    Better off letting mother nature take care of her self. Government trying to play god is futile.

Images
    This guy is pretty legit with his predictions. He nailed Sandy perfectly last Fall with the European Model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wp8...ature=youtu.be

Looks like it could be another Floyd. First time I surfed OH+ waves in 99' was 4 or 5 days before Floyd hit the banks.If I remember correctly the ESA championships were that week,I have good memories from surfing with some very talented guys out in the lineup...S-turns was going off.
    Last edited by andrewk529; Jul 25, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewk529 View Post
    This guy is pretty legit with his predictions. He nailed Sandy perfectly last Fall with the European Model.

Looks like it could be another Floyd. First time I surfed OH+ waves in 99' was 4 or 5 days before Floyd hit the banks.If I remember correctly the ESA championships were that week,I have good memories from surfing with some very talented guys out in the lineup...S-turns was going off.
    That guy is on the Wunderground forums. He usually does break it down better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Better off letting mother nature take care of her self. Government trying to play god is futile.
    Nature had it set up perfectly with the Everglades as a filter marsh for water coming down the Kissimmee River Basin, down through Lake O. The Army Corp of Engineers channelized the Kissimmee, diked the Big Lake, and Big Sugar took over. Fact! The sugar growers bribe the governor (campaign donations, GoPacs, Cayman Island bank accounts) to appoint puppets on the S Fla Water Mismanagement Board that have stalled any meaningful restoration of the NATURAL flow. Federal judges have said they should build filter marshes and the water should go south from there, not east through the St. Lucie River and west through the Caloosahatchee River to the Ocean and the Gulf repsectively. The polluted, nitrogen, phosphorus rich fresh water is destroying the salt marshes (the Indian River Lagoon) and the ecosystem as nature intended it. The playground we call the Atlantic Ocean is suffering.

So no, it is not better to let these rich a***oles rape the state for more profit, with the "gubment" turning a blind eye. And they ain't dithering, they are banking. Fact.

Floyd is my 1st memory of attempting hurricane surf (may have been others but Floyd was a beast)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    How did "TS Dorian" become a thread about the virtues of longboarding? Can we get this back on topic?
    Ahah that was me man, i stated i was looking for a log and i got some awesome advice/ssuggestion. Thanks everyone!

Is this the guy that Erock and a couple others posted the Chantal report from? Can't remember but these reports are on point like acupuncture!! Wavestradamus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Nature had it set up perfectly with the Everglades as a filter marsh for water coming down the Kissimmee River Basin, down through Lake O. The Army Corp of Engineers channelized the Kissimmee, diked the Big Lake, and Big Sugar took over. Fact! The sugar growers bribe the governor (campaign donations, GoPacs, Cayman Island bank accounts) to appoint puppets on the S Fla Water Mismanagement Board that have stalled any meaningful restoration of the NATURAL flow. Federal judges have said they should build filter marshes and the water should go south from there, not east through the St. Lucie River and west through the Caloosahatchee River to the Ocean and the Gulf repsectively. The polluted, nitrogen, phosphorus rich fresh water is destroying the salt marshes (the Indian River Lagoon) and the ecosystem as nature intended it. The playground we call the Atlantic Ocean is suffering.

So no, it is not better to let these rich a***oles rape the state for more profit, with the "gubment" turning a blind eye. And they ain't dithering, they are banking. Fact.
    Word! .....