LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post

As for athletes who have dominated their sports:
    Michael Phelps?

Lastly, Kelly has been the most outspoken surfer on tour about the need for a drug testing program.
    Phelps - If Marijuana was a performance enhancing drugs my parents and the 1980s and 90s DARE program owes me alot of apologies about the effects of Marijuana

Kelly is a health nut... do I believe he uses some PED? Nope. Now does he drink/eat some supper smoothy with all natural ingredients you can only get on an island here and there that may help him recover due to the mass amount of vitamins? Perhaps between heats and contests he has the money to afford proper recovery activities than most athletes?

Also I wish all main stream sports (baseball, football, basketball.. (dare I say) soccer) should just allow any and all PEDs. Would make alot better game.

And back on topic... RIP Andy. My 8 yr old has one of your amazing rides on a poster on her wall and between that and a poster of Alana is her inspiration for surfing. Your missed!

Yankee is full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    You seem to believe that anyone can tell if an athlete is on PEDs by the physical changes in said athlete. It's just not so.
    So based on that argument, anyone who has had great success or longevity in athletics is taking a PED? I am just as cynical as the next guy, but I still believe that there are athletes out there, including Slater, that are just freaks of nature, and have a ridiculous competitive drive. The guy has been a phenom since his early teens.

RIP AI. Still watch "Fly In the Champagne" all the time. Just so sad when you see how stoked he was about getting older, and enjoying his life and surfing.
    Last edited by Uncle Irish; Jul 25, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    **** man, I'm almost 35. Glad I never took to the heroin. Poor Andy and his family. That guy was fun to watch.
    andy was never a junkie.he smoked pot,drank,and did a little coke(as most professional athletes)..not everyone can be kelly slater,and thats why kelly is the best role model.kelly doesnt drink,smoke,or do drugs.he just surfs.i wouldnt blame andys death on prolong drug use.they said he had a concoction of xanax and methamphetamines.who knows,who cares.all i know is one of the best surfers of all time is dead,and if your like me,somebody whos been following the pros since the 90s.thats just the ...lost crew.they partied,and some of them were the best surfers,still are.guys like strider,dixon,wardo,cory,bruce and andy,nathan,and many many others.remember code red taj burrow when they ducktaped him up,beat him,and sprayed condimonts all over him?i personally hate the new surf vids,il take my old ...lost movies anyday of the week.

the sad thing is,like many others,andy wasnt truely respected until he passed.andy was the loudmouth talk shyt to everyone,beat ppl up,party hard kinda guy and thats what i loved about him.nowadays all these surfers want to act like they are pro baseball players or something,like surfing wasnt the rebel without a cause gig.andys death is the same as parko or mick dying.everybody surfs equally good,and can do the exact same thing when the right wave comes in,but andy charged.hell get thrown over the falls on a 23footer,and paddle right back out.theres plenty of ppl who dont belong on the wct.i have muchos respectos for sebass zeits and johnny john john.i miss the days of perfect jbay with dean morrison,bobby martinez,pancho sullivan,nathan hedge,occy,machado,andy,bruce..now u have a bunch of homeschooled kooks that will probably end up addicted to drugs living out of a garage on the north shore once theyr sponsorship runs out.its a bad time to be a pro surfer.if your not getting wins,the sponsors dont want u.they just layed off grant twig baker!!whos next,greg long? rest in paradise andrew irons

i was just browsing the 2nd page,and are ppl really talking like slaters on steriiods??lmao thats classic.please tell me what on earth would a surfer would need juice for.i guess some of u never been to a gym,and dont know what steroids look like.first of steroids put water in your muscles.u cant expect to do juice,not work out,and stay big.if u do juice and dont work out,youll look like star jones.2nd,the effects of steroids on the body is hard to hide.perky breasts and plush butts.it makes men look like girls because theres too much testostorne in the body.juice is for ppl like lance armstrong or the terminator,or a baseball player.it helps with excersizing,running,biking,lifting weights,but definitly not surfing.if a surfer did juice,they could probably carry 12 boardbags on their back,and thats about it.its like taking juice for skateboarding.i see know phsyical gain from it.and as someone who bench presses 800lbs and does juice on the reg,it has no use for surf/skate scene

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    i was just browsing the 2nd page,and are ppl really talking like slaters on steriiods??lmao thats classic.please tell me what on earth would a surfer would need juice for.i guess some of u never been to a gym,and dont know what steroids look like.first of steroids put water in your muscles.u cant expect to do juice,not work out,and stay big.if u do juice and dont work out,youll look like star jones.2nd,the effects of steroids on the body is hard to hide.perky breasts and plush butts.it makes men look like girls because theres too much testostorne in the body.juice is for ppl like lance armstrong or the terminator,or a baseball player.it helps with excersizing,running,biking,lifting weights,but definitly not surfing.if a surfer did juice,they could probably carry 12 boardbags on their back,and thats about it.its like taking juice for skateboarding.i see know phsyical gain from it.and as someone who bench presses 800lbs and does juice on the reg,it has no use for surf/skate scene
    Juicing isn't the same as it use to be, most guys who are on PED's these days aren't massive bulky body builders, that's what a lot of anabolic steroids do, and in today's sports, it's not about that as much as it use to be. TRT and HGH is the way to go now a days. I know I already said this, but it seems nobody is recognizing or understanding what these guys are actually taking these days. If you think for one second that these dudes aren't on "something" then you're fooling yourself. I'm not claiming Kelly is taking steroids, because I think he's smarter then that, but I'm not so sure he hasn't dabbled with some TRT (it's very common for someone his age to have "Low T"), you can get a script for that crap so easy it's ridiculous, and it's LEGAL, but it isn't talked about much because so many people see it as a performance enhancer, which it can be if abused, but if administered correctly it's more therapeutic than anything, that is of course if you really do have "Low T". Shoot, my father in-law gets in injections for it and he's just a normal older guy, but he'll tell you he feels a ton better and his sex drive is back, and isn't just sitting on the couch anymore. What athletes gain from it is the ability to train harder and recover faster, it's not to make their muscles big, which is a bad thing in surfing, bulk is the enemy in the water.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    andy was never a junkie.he smoked pot,drank,and did a little coke(as most professional athletes)..not everyone can be kelly slater,and thats why kelly is the best role model.kelly doesnt drink,smoke,or do drugs.he just surfs.i wouldnt blame andys death on prolong drug use.they said he had a concoction of xanax and methamphetamines.who knows,who cares.all i know is one of the best surfers of all time is dead,and if your like me,somebody whos been following the pros since the 90s.thats just the ...lost crew.they partied,and some of them were the best surfers,still are.guys like strider,dixon,wardo,cory,bruce and andy,nathan,and many many others.remember code red taj burrow when they ducktaped him up,beat him,and sprayed condimonts all over him?i personally hate the new surf vids,il take my old ...lost movies anyday of the week.

the sad thing is,like many others,andy wasnt truely respected until he passed.andy was the loudmouth talk shyt to everyone,beat ppl up,party hard kinda guy and thats what i loved about him.nowadays all these surfers want to act like they are pro baseball players or something,like surfing wasnt the rebel without a cause gig.andys death is the same as parko or mick dying.everybody surfs equally good,and can do the exact same thing when the right wave comes in,but andy charged.hell get thrown over the falls on a 23footer,and paddle right back out.theres plenty of ppl who dont belong on the wct.i have muchos respectos for sebass zeits and johnny john john.i miss the days of perfect jbay with dean morrison,bobby martinez,pancho sullivan,nathan hedge,occy,machado,andy,bruce..now u have a bunch of homeschooled kooks that will probably end up addicted to drugs living out of a garage on the north shore once theyr sponsorship runs out.its a bad time to be a pro surfer.if your not getting wins,the sponsors dont want u.they just layed off grant twig baker!!whos next,greg long? rest in paradise andrew irons

I love how you talk with such confidence like you know anything. I have friends who live in Hawaii and have lived there for 20 years. Andy was a raging drug addict. Meth, Coke, Prescription ...everything. He was a drug addict and he OD'ed and abandoned his family. Next, "everybody surfs equally good,and can do the exact same thing when the right wave"...Umm no. Parko cant do anything that JJF can do. Parko cant even do an air in a contest. Parko and Mick could not surf as good as Dane on his worst day. Twig Baker is worthless to the surf world.

I guess Dane is a home schooled kook? I would rather watch Dane Reynolds clip his toe nails than watch pancho Sullivan or occy do anything. The punk rock surf years are dead...thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    I love how you talk with such confidence like you know anything. I have friends who live in Hawaii and have lived there for 20 years. Andy was a raging drug addict. Meth, Coke, Prescription ...everything. He was a drug addict and he OD'ed and abandoned his family. Next, "everybody surfs equally good,and can do the exact same thing when the right wave"...Umm no. Parko cant do anything that JJF can do. Parko cant even do an air in a contest. Parko and Mick could not surf as good as Dane on his worst day. Twig Baker is worthless to the surf world.

I guess Dane is a home schooled kook? I would rather watch Dane Reynolds clip his toe nails than watch pancho Sullivan or occy do anything. The punk rock surf years are dead...thank God.
    I think you may have gone too far in the other direction now. Dane is absurd, truth, but while Parko and Mick might not toss airs, their rail games are as locked-in or better than anybody, bar none.

So Jordan was on PEDs? Kobe or Lebron? Wayne Gretzky? Floyd Mayweather? Peyton Manning? Barry Sanders? Your argument sounds ridiculous. You make the most retarded blanket statements ever," Look at the ripped guys in the NBA....no way are they clean". What are you talking about??? The you list shawne merriman as a dominant player in the NFL? You clearly know close to nothing about sports. On top of the fact that your just wrong about dominant players in major sports all taking PEDs, we are talking about surfing. Its not Football, there is no contact. Just like MLB pitchers last much longer than NFL running backs, pro surfers last even longer. Slater has said he would take random tests anytime. I guess Laird Hamilton is on PED's even tho he does not compete at any level? Reggie Miller had to be on PEDs too, right? HAHAHA...INSANITY. It sounds like you are trying to justify your lack of athlete success by saying everyone is on something. They are not...sorry
    Shoot the messenger when you don't like the news, sporty. That's what you want to do, fine.

But unless you've had your head in your bunghole for the past 20 yrs, and that's ever so likely based on what you wrote, every sport has been saturated with PEDs.

I'm not wrong about PEDs in every major sport. I'm citing the facts. Ignore my opinion (that should be easy for you to do) and focus on facts and expert analysis. There's no dearth of either.

As to the sports aspects of me.....what, are you 12...? You know nothing about me, you're talking out your favorite orifice again.

You've fallen & bumped your little head: you create wild BS scenarios & then attack the same scenarios as being mine.

This tool sounds like an unfunny version of the shredmachine. You're a legend in your own mind.