LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Damn man that's heavy, sorry bout your leg / knee dude. How'd it happen if you don't mind me asking?
    Brazilian Ju Jitsu...I still miss it but I just can't get myself back on the matt.

Quote Originally Posted by clintopher View Post
    Brazilian Ju Jitsu...I still miss it but I just can't get myself back on the matt.
    Ouch man, did you tap or did you try to hold out? (big MMA fan)

Images
    With ya on that dude, after knee surgery and several skin ailments I think I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    With ya on that dude, after knee surgery and several skin ailments I think I'm done.
    You too dude? Don't you guys tap? HAHAHA

Ouch man, did you tap or did you try to hold out? (big MMA fan)
    I grabbed my opponents lapel with one hand, his sleeve with the other and stepped in for a take down. He squatted to lower his center of gravity and put his weight on my shin. Following that were two very loud pops and the fight was over.

So how 'bout them head high waves?

A head high wave is a good wave... I'll take 23 of 'em, for sure.

I grabbed my opponents lapel with one hand, his sleeve with the other and stepped in for a take down. He squatted to lower his center of gravity and put his weight on my shin. Following that were two very loud pops and the fight was over.

So how 'bout them head high waves?
    Gotcha, thought he put a knee bar on you and you refused to tap or something, sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't give up BJJ all together, but understandable if you did. It sounds like a freak accident.

Images
    You too dude? Don't you guys tap? HAHAHA
    Always respected the tap, no way would I let my ego come before my joints. But similar to clintopher, my knee was just in the wrong place at the wrong time w/ the wrong weight/pressure on it...broke a cpl fingers that just got caught up in gi sleeves...just instances of sh*t happening. But the skin stuff is what really creeped me out, got ringworm for a while, then warts on my hands that took forever to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Always respected the tap, no way would I let my ego come before my joints. But similar to clintopher, my knee was just in the wrong place at the wrong time w/ the wrong weight/pressure on it...broke a cpl fingers that just got caught up in gi sleeves...just instances of sh*t happening. But the skin stuff is what really creeped me out, got ringworm for a while, then warts on my hands that took forever to go away.
    OK good, never understood why anybody would let their ego get in the way their snapped limbs, i.e. Big Nog / Tim Sylvia, thanks to Frank Mir, dude rips limbs off like it's his job, oh wait, it kinda is HAHA

Images
    Yeah man I had a good group of guys I was training with, no egos, but every now and again accidents happen.