LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    What I often see is that they'll set up at the best breaking spot on the beach, put out a several lines, and end up catching nothing. Sometimes it doesn't matter that there's already people in the water.

This is what I'm talking about!!!! Flat and glassy all around with one bar breaking nice and Jimbo Bob is set right up on the only place breaking..........Never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Bout two months ago I was surfing DP by Cocoa Pier, was first on the beach, sun wasn't even up yet, paddled out, was having a blast, then a few others joined me as it became light, and then a couple dudes stroll up with their gear, and start fishing from shore, RIGHT NEXT to the pier, rather than ON IT, which is what the pier was designed for I thought, guess they were too poor to pay to get on.

I have no issues with people fishing from ON the pier, that's to be expected and I don't mess with those guys, and they don't mess with us either (usually) but right next to it where I and others are surfing? Not only was I there first, but so were others, and it wasn't even crowded yet, it was an empty beach. So these j-offs kept casting right at us. I knew it was just a matter of time, and sure enough as I'm paddling back out from catching a wave I get a tug on my leash, yep, hooked, luckily not in my foot, or else I would have gone ape sh*t on these two, they wouldn't have stood a chance, but rather than make a scene and possibly get carted away in a police car, I let it go, since no "real damage" had been done.

Just use common sense fisher dudes, I too love to catch a fish, but youse guys never catch SH*T! NOTHING, NADA! Take your Ugly Stick and find a open spot with no swimmers or surfers, and you'll accomplish the exact same thing.
    Wow he hooked your leash? I was thinking that opportunity to some training on my paddling. I bet she doesn't have a drag setting the can hold me back with my boulder shoulders yew!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    my buddy told me once that guys used to paddle out at sebastian inlet with pocket knives to cut lines.
    That's a true story

Somewhere on an online fishing forum there are fisherman *****ing about Surfers. "What do these dumbasses have to paddle out exactly where I'm fishing so that they can do their one turned stupid wave and then falloff?"

Happens all the time here. I don't muck with them, they have knives.

If you look at fishing forums, you'll see the complaining about surfers. It goes both ways. If everyone respected eachother and whoever was there first gets the spot, there would be no issues. The issues come from both sides when someone sets up to do one activity where someone is already doing another activity

Avalon and AC oct26-27 '08 029.jpgAvalon and AC oct26-27 '08 041.jpg
    Morning and afternoon. Sign says "Keep 200FT From Pier". By far the best wave for miles that morning. Say there is one guy fishing, what would you do?

Images
    ^^^^^^I know what I'd do in that situation, and it involves paddling out.

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    Avalon and AC oct26-27 '08 029.jpgAvalon and AC oct26-27 '08 041.jpg
    Morning and afternoon. Sign says "Keep 200FT From Pier". By far the best wave for miles that morning. Say there is one guy fishing, what would you do?
    Offer to buy him a beer and some lunch if he chillaxes and lets me catch a couple of bombs without having to dodge flying treble hooks and pyramid sinkers. Maybe throw him off the pier if he refuses?

I'm in full agreement with both of the last two posts.

I'll surf the northside in the morning and plug the southside at night .....grumpy old entitled fisherman are the problem and the entitled young punk surfers play into it just the same. It will balance it's self out up here in a few years....