LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Proper etiquette is to attach the hook to your leash plug and then paddle directly out to sea. If hooked by pier fisherman, then paddle parallel to beach in opposite direction of pier.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,058
    Images
    6
    ^^^^^^I like this.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,011
    What I often see is that they'll set up at the best breaking spot on the beach, put out a several lines, and end up catching nothing. Sometimes it doesn't matter that there's already people in the water.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I got hooked surfing in croatan one morning. I was the only surfer in sight and he comes up and fishes right on top of me. I guess he was renting the house out front? Still, come on man, give a brother some room. Anyways, I paddle in, STILL HOOKED, and this guy gets all "oh my god are you alright? How did that even happen?"... They ain't the brightest bunch. At least he was apologetic, because my intention was to stab him with his own filet knife when I first paddled in. Go back to Hawaii ASAP. Take me with you.

    Edit, oh yeah, that junk hurt. Ripped up the webbing between two of my toes, I swear I'm a slower swimmer now...
    Hey honey,how did you do fishing today?I hooked a pretty big stud.Came up swinging.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    What I often see is that they'll set up at the best breaking spot on the beach, put out a several lines, and end up catching nothing. Sometimes it doesn't matter that there's already people in the water.
    Um yeah this is an epidemic. The other night at the home break when there were actual scraps to be had at the end of the day, surf fisher dude was setting up his stuff in front of the only viable peak that had ok sets coming in. I entered the water 50 yards to his right but then went diagonal in front of him when I saw that he was setting up in front of the only good peaks. We looked at each other the whole time and knew what both were up to. Turned out that he wanted to avoid hooking me in the grill a lot more than I feared getting hooked. Good choice by him.

    Sorry brahs, but there are a lot of damn surf fishing spots in my area. A ton actually. There are not many viable peaks to surf this time of year here. These surf fishers, fake vaca-spongers, swimmers, and assorted wading idiots have no idea how long we have to wait to do our thing. Call me aggro or entitled all you want but when they can do their thing at will and we have to be on call for the blue moon occasion to hit, I've got no issue at all telling them to GET OFF MY PEAK!!!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    What about surfers vs fisherman cyclists? Those guys are the worst.
    Haha what braddah??!?

    Is this a cat pedaling his Huffy to the water with his rod in hand or is this a dude who casts his line into brooks and streams he pedals by and when he feels a tug he pedals away to use the torque from the bike to get the sucka out?

  7. #27
    Sometimes I like to use my SUP as a mobile fishing platform. I often find that the bait fish like to school where the sandbars are, which consequently is usually where the best waves are breaking, so that's usually where I fish. I try to go when the tide is incoming because fish tend to follow the tide due to nutrients flowing with the water. Do I hook surfers sometimes? Yeah, but you can't own the ocean. It's as much mine as it is the kooks. Last time I was out I caught 37 5 inch croakers.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Sometimes I like to use my SUP as a mobile fishing platform. I often find that the bait fish like to school where the sandbars are, which consequently is usually where the best waves are breaking, so that's usually where I fish. I try to go when the tide is incoming because fish tend to follow the tide due to nutrients flowing with the water. Do I hook surfers sometimes? Yeah, but you can't own the ocean. It's as much mine as it is the kooks. Last time I was out I caught 37 5 inch croakers.
    You're joking right? Fishing from an SUP is fun and I do enjoy it, but never around anybody, surely you were being sarcastic / joking.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You're joking right? Fishing from an SUP is fun and I do enjoy it, but never around anybody, surely you were being sarcastic / joking.
    Francis Buxton (idiot formerly known as BCN) spews nonsense just to get at least some attention during some part of his unloved existence.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Um yeah this is an epidemic. The other night at the home break when there were actual scraps to be had at the end of the day, surf fisher dude was setting up his stuff in front of the only viable peak that had ok sets coming in. I entered the water 50 yards to his right but then went diagonal in front of him when I saw that he was setting up in front of the only good peaks. We looked at each other the whole time and knew what both were up to. Turned out that he wanted to avoid hooking me in the grill a lot more than I feared getting hooked. Good choice by him.

    Sorry brahs, but there are a lot of damn surf fishing spots in my area. A ton actually. There are not many viable peaks to surf this time of year here. These surf fishers, fake vaca-spongers, swimmers, and assorted wading idiots have no idea how long we have to wait to do our thing. Call me aggro or entitled all you want but when they can do their thing at will and we have to be on call for the blue moon occasion to hit, I've got no issue at all telling them to GET OFF MY PEAK!!!
    my buddy told me once that guys used to paddle out at sebastian inlet with pocket knives to cut lines.