LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I paddled out during Sandy on a 7' retro fish. But no one else cares.

I got stabbed in my foot by my fin from Gloria. Doc sewed sand and sea monkeys in the wound and I ended up with gangrene. I got out of that hospital and went to a real one with 'Merkin docs. they had to cut out an artery and muscle. I was laid up for 3 months.

I don't remember the storm. It was over 14 years ago.

I was sitting on the outside and this sick set rolled in. I totally chickened out. But as the 1st wave passed me, it broke almost 6 feet away from me, and it sucked me and my board over the falls. From flat water! Never saw anything like this. Didn't even know it was possible.

I took a major beating from the entire set, but I guess I deserve it for not going in the first place.

Always go since then no matter what.
    Last edited by Gfootr; Jul 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts510 View Post
    Ernesto in NJ 2006. All time
    Ernesto at INRI Northside.

Bill was damn fun, and i think that Anna or something, i know there were like two weeks in a row in there where it was pumping.

April 17th, 'nuff said.

Felix was badass...i was a d***dragger, then. went out in some real nasty conditions and got worked.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jul 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    I paddled out during Sandy on a 7' retro fish. But no one else cares.
    I care, Gruvi.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    I care, Gruvi.
    i kare even more

Doomsday Swell was lots of fun.

Not a hurricane or anything, but east to remember for obvious reasons... 9/11

Crystal clear skies, warm air and perfect pumping surf during an absolutely horrific day.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Not a hurricane or anything, but east to remember for obvious reasons... 9/11

Crystal clear skies, warm air and perfect pumping surf during an absolutely horrific day.
    Actually for everyone's record books, 9/11 was a day of tropical swell. Hurricane Erin(or TS Erin or whatever) was spinning off to the NE towards New Foundland.

I skipped the surf and drank beer watching the news.

the week before irene was fun as hell too.