LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Burning eyes

  1. #1

    Burning eyes

    The last half dozen times I have been out my eyes are so bad that it makes it hard to keep going. I notice some burning after about an hour and after two hours+ it is too much. Talked to a friend (eye doc) and she said stay out of the water or wear goggles. Did not care for either option. I have never had this bother me before...wondering if the water has a bloom of something??? Been in the water on both sides of Florida in various locales with same result.
    Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,301
    Where are you at?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Where are you at?
    Satellite beach,Cocoa pier,Sebastian Inlet,Sand Key Park,Anna Maria Island and a couple others...Florida.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,215
    My arm pits were on fire after Wednesday night session at Sunset / T.I. Beach, red and everything, eyes burned a little too. Not much of a problem on the E. side and I hit all the same spots. I dunno what you use for sunscreen but that also could be part of the problem. I switched to using the spf55 Coppertone Sport Stick on my face and spf30 lotion for the body. Never runs into my eyes anymore, but before I would be blinded out there for half the session.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    My arm pits were on fire after Wednesday night session at Sunset / T.I. Beach, red and everything, eyes burned a little too. Not much of a problem on the E. side and I hit all the same spots. I dunno what you use for sunscreen but that also could be part of the problem. I switched to using the spf55 Coppertone Sport Stick on my face and spf30 lotion for the body. Never runs into my eyes anymore, but before I would be blinded out there for half the session.
    Pretty much ruled out sunscreen.Went out for a couple late ones and no sunscreen at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by mushdoc View Post
    Pretty much ruled out sunscreen.Went out for a couple late ones and no sunscreen at all.
    Either something in the water or maybe you need an eye exam to see what's up. My pits are still kinda burning from Wednesday night, so you may be onto something here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Dude, I never really have any problems when I'm out in the water, but 80% of the time, post-surf, my eyes burn like a MOVE house in West Philly.

    Thought it must be the sun, but it happens on cloudy, cold days as well.

    It's always somthing anymore. My eyes, my ears are trucked, and they still get trucked even though I now wear earplugs. WEAR EARPLUGS, winter surf kids. You'll thank me later.

    Ahhh, I surfer enough injustices to start wearing goggles. Nah, mean?

    Man, Wednesday was good and today was twitchen too. 3-4', soft barrels peeling down the beach. It's friggin Friday and no one was around - on the beach or in the water. Saw a small shark, to boot. You Florida guys would be proud, I didn't care. I noticed some swell predictin' sites undercalled today. I wonder if that was the reason for the lack of crowds? I hope not.

  8. #8
    Corexit coming around from da guff. start getting concerned when you start vomiting blood and your teeth fall out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Corexit coming around from da guff. start getting concerned when you start vomiting blood and your teeth fall out.
    Hope you're wrong man

  10. #10
    Ever try duck diving a heavy wave or going over the falls/eating schitt with goggles on? Now you're wearing a cool necklace.