LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

List recent excuses you've used to ditch work

"My mom fell and broke her ankle, she needs a ride to the hospital". Scored some nice waves that afternoon

I picked a fight with my boss one morning in September a few years ago so I could surf some hurricane swell. I got sent home for the day with a note in my employee file, but I fricking SCORED. Thats the best I've got. Another time, I was working late, like 7pm and my boss gave me another project just when I thought I was going to be able to leave and surf. I told her no and went surfing, no excuse, just said, nope, I'm going to catch some waves and this project will have to wait til tomorrow. I came back in the next day refreshed from a nice surf and low and behold the project was still there. Just say no to work when you can surf!!!

I've also just left for a couple hours without telling anyone what I was up to. I left a sandwich with a bite out of it, my spare car keys, and my spare wallet on the desk. When I came back, I said that I had to handle some issues with my landlord. It worked! God I hope there are no bosses on this thread. Glad I have an alias, maybe I should change my profile pic!

24 hr stomach bug. Only did this once, as my new job is very strict with hours. My last position allowed me to work from home when I wanted to, so I never needed an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    24 hr stomach bug. Only did this once, as my new job is very strict with hours. My last position allowed me to work from home when I wanted to, so I never needed an excuse.
    The classic stomach flu! Used that to go snowboarding last winter. Everyone in the office actually got it except me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I've also just left for a couple hours without telling anyone what I was up to. I left a sandwich with a bite out of it, my spare car keys, and my spare wallet on the desk. When I came back, I said that I had to handle some issues with my landlord. It worked! God I hope there are no bosses on this thread. Glad I have an alias, maybe I should change my profile pic!
    I like your style brah! The strategic props on the desk were excellent.

I had the chest high and over rule back when I had a real job.

"Personal business" usually is the call for me.

Sometimes it's good to lay the groundwork. If you know it's going to be good the next day, start walking around work popping throat lozenges and wearing layers of sweaters and stuff like you have the chills. Not that I'd ever do such a dishonest thing..

my younger brother has straight quit prob more then 10 jobs because there was swell.