LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have to go to " therapy " works for me when there is a swell.

Images
    Reminds me of a kid in school, when he wanted to get outa class he would punch himself in the nose and leave with a nose bleed

I'm fortunate in that the Navy base where I work is right on the beach, so I'll go out in the morning, lunch, or right after work - depending surf conditions and workload. The problem seems to be ending the session and getting to or back to work on time. You know: Just one more wave, one more ride. I've raced back to meetings still wet and sandy on more than one occasion.
    Also, if you get injured during an unapproved absence and have to miss work, there can be disciplinary or legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    karma karma karma.

most jobs I had i worked hard so when waves came up, the bosses were pretty cool with me leaving. i only had one job where the ownership changed hands, and they called me out on it. i quit that job. now i'm self employed and all my customers know the deal.

honesty is the best policy.

now lets hear it. i know you guys are gonna crack on me somehow.
    My single day off barely makes up for the fact that my recent employer cheated me out of a week of vacation. I did feel bad about it, until I remembered my boss was a horrible c*nt. In all my previous companies, I would just tell my boss I needed a personal day.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    My single day off barely makes up for the fact that my recent employer cheated me out of a week of vacation. I did feel bad about it, until I remembered my boss was a horrible c*nt. In all my previous companies, I would just tell my boss I needed a personal day.

the job I mentioned that I quit, the previous owner gave me the keys so I could come in early to leave early, or stay late after coming in late. (I worked around tides and winds unless it was an all day affair, and always put in OT) I was hands down the best employee and knew the biz inside out. the new boss still wanted me to work OT. if it meant missing surf, and having his top guy miserable, his quote was, " That's life." he was just too stiff in the head, and prob a little jealous of my free spirited joy for life.

I believe everything happens for a reason. after I quit that job I realized I needed to be my own boss. quitting that job was one of the best things I ever did in life. no benefits? so what. I make more money now than if I stayed there with all the pay raises, promotions, etc. I never miss a swell and I have time to travel at length or drop everything and do surgical strikes to PR.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I had the chest high and over rule back when I had a real job.
    I always negotiate 4-5 surf days per year with any and all job type scenarios. I really don't care at this point. The truth will set you free.

I dunno the best excuse ever used, but I do I know I surf better when I'm supposed to be at work.

The excuse is the easy part. Never lose sight of the goal! Be honest, you are going to want to play this game again.Full attention must be maintained throughout the scheme for your return to the job.

I always wear my rash guard ,a hat, and plenty of sunscreen.

Hard to explain how you got that tan on your "sick day".