LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo

Hybrid View

Logo

We are in the process of designing our logo. I'm not very good graphic design so I put up a "contest" on Freelancer to fix up our current idea, or create a new one entirely. if anyone on here is decent at that sort of thing and wants to make a few bucks, put in your entry here:

http://www.freelancer.com/contest/Al...ogo-31182.html

Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    We are in the process of designing our logo. I'm not very good graphic design so I put up a "contest" on Freelancer to fix up our current idea, or create a new one entirely. if anyone on here is decent at that sort of thing and wants to make a few bucks, put in your entry here:

http://www.freelancer.com/contest/Al...ogo-31182.html
    Brah, in my valuable or worthless opinion, the image on the left with the combo of the wave and palm is excellent. Depending on who's doing your art, you may want them to create their own font for the wording rather than using a stock font. Probably need some stroke, drop shadow, beveling or other technique to make the words prominent. It's great though, I really like it.

The other one is good, it's just too close to played out themes like Endless Summer and such. Sampling parts of established branding that the mainstream is already familiar with can be very effective and simple to do with some creativity, but it's good to avoid themes that are played out to avoid a generic feel.

You can have 2-3 different logos that are all related. You'll need a word mark logo for apparel, signage and letterhead, a logo that's web-ready (not too complex but can be rasterized/pixelated) and one that's simple and vectored (composed of lines and curves and can be enlarged or reduced infinitely). Professional graphic design firms may have other standards for their logo suites, but these are what's worked for my experiences.

Good luck with the marketing and project! Looks good! PM me if you'd like to talk further.

Thanks! yea we really like the idea of the palm/wave thing. this is our original (attached). but it needs some work. the cleaned up version that someone submitted i think is too smooth clean, i like the textured clean look of the mainstream one, would work well on t-shirt, coozie, biz card, sticker. but i think our palm wave stands out and were pretty stoked on it, so were definitely going to try to stick to it

thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Brah, in my valuable or worthless opinion, the image on the left with the combo of the wave and palm is excellent. Depending on who's doing your art, you may want them to create their own font for the wording rather than using a stock font. Probably need some stroke, drop shadow, beveling or other technique to make the words prominent. It's great though, I really like it.

The other one is good, it's just too close to played out themes like Endless Summer and such. Sampling parts of established branding that the mainstream is already familiar with can be very effective and simple to do with some creativity, but it's good to avoid themes that are played out to avoid a generic feel.

You can have 2-3 different logos that are all related. You'll need a word mark logo for apparel, signage and letterhead, a logo that's web-ready (not too complex but can be rasterized/pixelated) and one that's simple and vectored (composed of lines and curves and can be enlarged or reduced infinitely). Professional graphic design firms may have other standards for their logo suites, but these are what's worked for my experiences.

Good luck with the marketing and project! Looks good! PM me if you'd like to talk further.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! yea we really like the idea of the palm/wave thing. this is our original (attached). but it needs some work. the cleaned up version that someone submitted i think is too smooth clean, i like the textured clean look of the mainstream one, would work well on t-shirt, coozie, biz card, sticker. but i think our palm wave stands out and were pretty stoked on it, so were definitely going to try to stick to it

thanks for the feedback
    Course, bru. You may want to get the thoughts (and professional assistance) of GD's like Gumbya who can get from you an idea of your company's image and what messages you want conveyed to your potential customers. This is the "face" of your company and a picture tells it all so it's worth investing some cash into even if capital is tight to start. There are some great aspects of that initial logo, the main one being the meshed palm with the wave. Hierarchy of features needs to be established to allow the viewer to "read" the image like a reader would go left to right on a page (right to left in Asia?) rather than have all the "words" (image features) jump out at you at once.

Think big, grow step by step, and have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post

The Authority on Everything has spoken.

As a graphic designer, I would say that you are not going to get much quality for $40...

gotcha, im not a Graphic designer so i dont know how much time and effort it would take for someone to do this type of work, so i just estimated about 2 hours of work. 20 bucks an hour. ill see what comes of it and up the ante if we get stuff that is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbya55 View Post
    As a graphic designer, I would say that you are not going to get much quality for $40...

gotcha, im not a Graphic designer so i dont know how much time and effort it would take for someone to do this type of work, so i just estimated about 2 hours of work. 20 bucks an hour. ill see what comes of it and up the ante if we get stuff that is no good.
    Not sure what your budget and expected revenue is but you definitely want to invest in your marketing from the onset of your launch. A logo speaks to your target market before you have the chance to and especially now before your gallery of satisfied patrons can speak to others via word of mouth. Your logo and photos of your premises close to everything you have going for you to start up. The wording on your website and other marketing materials is important and should be clear and concise, but people are typically visual learners. I talk about the McDonald's picture menu all the time here, and for you guys to launch successfully you want the picture of that burger to let them know everything that's in that bun and make people's mouths water.

Talk to the GD's and be willing to trade up to spend more on your logo/marketing budget and less on a lighting fixture or two. Business is all about delivering the need to have and less of the nice to have. Dealmakers and dealbrakers are your livelihood.

I like the one on the right more than the wave/palm tree combo. The wave/palm tree is a cool idea, but I feel like it might be to cartoonish or something like that. I feel like the other one just looks a lot more professional. They are both good though.

yea i agree on the cartooney thing. i think it needs some texture. its too smooth

Quote Originally Posted by pcsurfer2 View Post
    I like the one on the right more than the wave/palm tree combo. The wave/palm tree is a cool idea, but I feel like it might be to cartoonish or something like that. I feel like the other one just looks a lot more professional. They are both good though.