LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Logo

yea my website guy said he'll throw in the logo for about 300 bucks depending how much work his person has to put into it. i was using this freelancer as a starter to get some more ideas. i figured 40 bucks to get a few ideas, and if something sick came out of it, sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Do yourself a favor and do a little more research on companies that do that kind of work and go with the one who has the most solid rep and does quality work. If you cut corners on your brand, you'll wish you hadn't down the road. You don't want to have to change it mid-game because it's not working like you had thought. $400 is a drop in the bucket for a long-term investment on something such as your brand, something that you will pride your company after for years to come. And if $400 is going to put you out then you really ought to consider if this is the best time to be launching. Just my .02, If I had this decision to make for myself, that's how I would approach it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    lol ill give a discount to the SI forum bros for sure. ive gotten tons of useful info(and laughter) from these forums.
    Shoots, brah!!! Let's get the dates you got open beds for us and we'll book flights stat!!! Funk dat, I'll lay up in one of those world-famous Nicaraguan hammocks instead of a bed. No different than the frequent nights I sleep on the hammock hung on my porch. I even eat dinner sometimes lamping in that rack. You heard that yankee. Mo surveillance!!!

Gnu, I'll even help you with the build out!! Love making things with my hands almost as much as breaking them.

yea my website guy said he'll throw in the logo for about 300 bucks depending how much work his person has to put into it. i was using this freelancer as a starter to get some more ideas. i figured 40 bucks to get a few ideas, and if something sick came out of it, sweet.
    A typical web guy is a programmer and that's if he's not coding HTML and using boxed-up for wholesale WYSIWYG which non-pros can do mad easy. He may or may not also have creative skills and GD experience, but even if so, that would be rare if he's the one that will help you hit it out of the park to launch.

Who's "his person"? What's their background and portfolio look like? How successful have his former clients been?

Think about how much time, effort, and money you're putting into your launch. Listen to the gurus that have been there. Don't buy a potato chip, hop out on the swell, and bag your surfing career a few days/months in because it was a destined self-fulfilling failure from the start.

hes good, ive known him since middle school.

for those of you interested in keeping tabs. we do have a facebook page - www.facebook.com/LasPalmasSurfLodge
    a few pics of the construction, but its mostly the surf, as construction pics can get boring to look at.
    Last edited by gnurider7; Jul 29, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Good luck with your launch man, it takes a big set to make that leap, now just make sure to talk to as many people about it as you possibly can and don't let anybody steal your dream, ever. You have to build up a following for your grand opening and make sure you make a huge splash on that day, it'll develop business for you for years to come if you do it right and make people take notice. Don't just whisper about your business, yell about it from the mountain tops! Ok, that's all I got.

My last advice... most web "designers" aren't logo designers, so $300 sounds good, but be careful. Don't settle. This is your vision. DO it right.

ALso make sure you code the website as a Content managed system so you can keep it fresh and updated. Google LOVES new text. Get your Search Engine optimization inline. And connect the site to your social sites. FB, TW, IN, youtube, and more...

Lastly, code the site "responsive". This way it adapts to tablets, phones, automatically rescales graphics and nav system. One site, multiple devices.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Brah, in my valuable or worthless opinion, the image on the left with the combo of the wave and palm is excellent. Depending on who's doing your art, you may want them to create their own font for the wording rather than using a stock font. Probably need some stroke, drop shadow, beveling or other technique to make the words prominent. It's great though, I really like it.

The other one is good, it's just too close to played out themes like Endless Summer and such. Sampling parts of established branding that the mainstream is already familiar with can be very effective and simple to do with some creativity, but it's good to avoid themes that are played out to avoid a generic feel.

You can have 2-3 different logos that are all related. You'll need a word mark logo for apparel, signage and letterhead, a logo that's web-ready (not too complex but can be rasterized/pixelated) and one that's simple and vectored (composed of lines and curves and can be enlarged or reduced infinitely). Professional graphic design firms may have other standards for their logo suites, but these are what's worked for my experiences.

Good luck with the marketing and project! Looks good! PM me if you'd like to talk further.

The Authority on Everything has spoken.