LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    If you never want to surf bigger days, don't. Why do something you don't want to do? Eventually you will surf enough 1-2 ft days you'll become bored and start longboard skating downhill. Small hills. Then when that gets boring you'll move to golf. Mini golf.

A lot of times when I am going into a new break or large waves that seem scary to me, I like to put some goggles and fins on, swim out, and bodysurf the break for a while; when I see what the bottom looks like and what the waves look like from underneath, I end up with a lot better understanding of what the waves are doing and I am not nearly as scared anymore once I go back out with my board.

Call A-Rod he can help you build some muscle...take it easy you'll be fine.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba98kojKpc

had to share,this is everyday on the eastcoast
    HAHAHAHAHA! i laughed so hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba98kojKpc

had to share,this is everyday on the eastcoast
    That is the best part of what's a sick movie in Fair Bits. I'd seen it 2 or 3 times but watching that scene itself I picked up a couple lines I hadn't before that were hilarious.

Taylor Steele's flicks are great. Have you seen Stranger Than Fiction? Hilarious and good rides and music. They had the full-length film on YouTube til two months ago when it got flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by badon View Post
    so I've been surfing for a bit, still a beginner. I can stand up fine and catch waves fine but I find myself a little hesitant sometimes when it comes to paddling out to the lineup. Idk why, could be that i don't have a surfing partner, could be the deep water thing, idk. i do paddle to the back sometimes, but theres times where i just sit in front of the beach like a goon because i can't bring myself to do it, but when i'm out there i have no problem catching and riding a wave. what should i do, i know i'm being a p***y, xD.
    Think of the courage it took the Karate Kid to step onto the Mat and go toe to toe with Johnny. Then, to continue after Johnny swept his leg.

You think about that, and the paddle out will pale in comparison. Now paddle out, it's worth it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    That is the best part of what's a sick movie in Fair Bits. I'd seen it 2 or 3 times but watching that scene itself I picked up a couple lines I hadn't before that were hilarious.

Taylor Steele's flicks are great. Have you seen Stranger Than Fiction? Hilarious and good rides and music. They had the full-length film on YouTube til two months ago when it got flagged.
    OMG, I dislike Taylor Steele. Dude, thinks he was Francis Ford Coppola directing The Godfather with his friggin surf vids. He owes everything to his pals, "The New School." OMG, he's so important and serious.

Spicoli, you have to get all of the old ....LOST videos.....they were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    OMG, I dislike Taylor Steele. Dude, thinks he was Francis Ford Coppola directing The Godfather with his friggin surf vids. He owes everything to his pals, "The New School." OMG, he's so important and serious.

yep. all the original ...lost vids are good. all the wave warriors stuff, and if you still have a VCR then find a copy of 'the Search'. greatest surf flick of all time. i've had it since 91 or 92 and still watch it all the time. some of the original jack McCoy films are good too.

love this sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

YES! Was watching a few from the great AI just last night. Love that dude, wish he rode goofy because it'd be that much easier to study his unique mechanics and maneuvers as I ride goofy. AI and Taylor Knox are two of my favorites to watch. Machado too and it's great that he's goofy.

You ever seen that interview with AI where he's just kicking it around sunset in the back of a boat and then they show some mess around clips? It's where he talks about surfing while buzzed and other honest statements. Not sure if it was a Lost film but it was definitely a good honest look at him behind the scenes.