LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Best Summer in a long time?

I know we've hit this topic quite a few times, but just thinking that I've surfed pretty much waist high waves+ almost all summer long, I've got to say this may be the best summer in a while. Particularly the past few weeks in Central NJ have been really good (for summer standards). Besides the groms and kids on the inside during the summer months making you navigate a wave, I feel like the crowds havent been too awful yet either (beside the weekend)... You guys thinking the same? Everyone scoring as much and having a blast?

Images
    Having a blast...doesn't compare to '95(obviously), but definitelt fairly consistent windswell w/ surprisingly clean conditions(at least for me the past cpl weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Having a blast...doesn't compare to '95(obviously), but definitelt fairly consistent windswell w/ surprisingly clean conditions(at least for me the past cpl weeks).
    95 was crazy, i remember every day almost was solid overhead. hurricanes coming up the coast one after the other. I was only 15 years old and surfing long branch every day almost, at 7 presidents before they dredged the hell out of it. Donovan came up for a week when he had that crazy hair and surfed with us. Then surfer magazine did a east coast summer edition in sep or oct. and he was carving the face of a nice right and im in the backround of the lineup with my jaw dropped lol. Wish i was a little older so i could have appreciated it more.

No, VB has been pretty much terrible. Crowd wise especially. Hoping for some residual storm swell tomorrow though

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    No, VB has been pretty much terrible. Crowd wise especially. Hoping for some residual storm swell tomorrow though
    In VB it's been 0-1, sometimes 1-2, for most of July. Is that the summertime norm here? Gonna take up friggin' kayaking. ....Actually, I enjoy kayaking.
    But since last Friday, I've been getting in some fun waist high sessions during low tide. Had such a session this morning. The water is warming up again.
    At Dam Neck this evening around 6-6:30, there were quite a few folks I'd never seen before arriving or sitting on the beach with boards of all different shapes and sizes, watching the water, waiting for the possible larger swells that had been forecasted, and bemoaning the lack of rideable surf.
    Hopefully, there will be something tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    ...there were quite a few folks I'd never seen before arriving or sitting on the beach with boards of all different shapes and sizes, watching the water, waiting for the possible larger swells that had been forecasted, and bemoaning the lack of rideable surf.
    Hopefully, there will be something tomorrow.
    I looked at the cam 10ish. I think they all called everyone on their phone and said Surf's Up!

Holy bejeezus there are a lot of people out in VB. No need to paddle out, just step on the bobble heads until you're outside.

Images
    I'd still give the nod to 2010, speaking of more recent times. But then again, there's still a month to go and a new front pushing through Thursday..........

Definitely agree, been rather consistent and fun, I have zero complaints, probably not best all time but it's probably in the top 5 in the last 20 years, I think we need an epic cane swell to solidify that spot though, nearly 3 months to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    Everyone scoring as much and having a blast?
    Yeah brah, this summer has been off the Richter. Such a blast. Scoring boatloads. Numbers off the charts. May be that chicks are getting easier more than my game getting better or it could be strategic use of Spanish fly, the most effective aphrodisiac in history. Scoring azz so, so, so much. Like, Coach, give me the rock, I'm on fire. Mad notches in the belt and rolling deep with my buoys all the damn time. Best summer evah brah! You dudes are right, '95 was dope too! Sacked a ton of broads on school vaca that year.

Oh and I've got to surf like everyday too! Conditions have been better than I was expecting after what I've heard of summers.

Obviously you've never tried Sex Panther... It's the smell of desire.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yeah brah, this summer has been off the Richter. Such a blast. Scoring boatloads. Numbers off the charts. May be that chicks are getting easier more than my game getting better or it could be strategic use of Spanish fly, the most effective aphrodisiac in history. Scoring azz so, so, so much. Like, Coach, give me the rock, I'm on fire. Mad notches in the belt and rolling deep with my buoys all the damn time. Best summer evah brah! You dudes are right, '95 was dope too! Sacked a ton of broads on school vaca that year.

Oh and I've got to surf like everyday too! Conditions have been better than I was expecting after what I've heard of summers.