LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post one picture of a good wave since the Andrea swell. I would rather have 2 real days a month than every other day being gutless waist high wind swell you can barely put it on rail on. Then again, I speaking from the perspective of a bit further south

Images
    Other than a complete lack of size this summer has been really consistent. I don't remember a summer when there was surf more days than not, crazy.

The advent of the Carver board to my quiver has made for perpetual stoke!!! Not that it was in short supply, you know, with all those endogenous PED's that I was born with thanks to the pituitary phenomenon.

Decent summer, but not amazing. I wish we had more clean days.

Images
    Fall is on it's way, jonesin' for full days of offshore winds.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Fall is on it's way, jonesin' for full days of offshore winds.
    Ditto!

But I will say that there's a place that has had day after day after gorgeous day of good swell this summer. Lovin' it!

Images
    hells yeas

good summer

summer ends sept 21 so we have two months

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Other than a complete lack of size this summer has been really consistent. I don't remember a summer when there was surf more days than not, crazy.
    100%... Very consistent gutless knee to waist high waves.

been putting many miles on my log and mini simmons this summer. i think about 80% of this summer in central NJ if you wanted to surf, you could find a wave at the right time/tide/spot. water has seemed extra warm too, i'll take it. can't wait for the crowds to thin though, c'mon august!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    No, VB has been pretty much terrible. Crowd wise especially. Hoping for some residual storm swell tomorrow though
    In VB it's been 0-1, sometimes 1-2, for most of July. Is that the summertime norm here? Gonna take up friggin' kayaking. ....Actually, I enjoy kayaking.
    But since last Friday, I've been getting in some fun waist high sessions during low tide. Had such a session this morning. The water is warming up again.
    At Dam Neck this evening around 6-6:30, there were quite a few folks I'd never seen before arriving or sitting on the beach with boards of all different shapes and sizes, watching the water, waiting for the possible larger swells that had been forecasted, and bemoaning the lack of rideable surf.
    Hopefully, there will be something tomorrow.