LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What's your latest surfing inury?

I tend to hurt myself more than most whether minor or major injury. Today it was minor. Lost my balance on the board, the rail reached for the sky, and I took a shot from said rail into the ribs. I can only imagine that's what it feels like to get hit in the chest with a dead blow hammer. It hit me so hard my teeth hurt.

I won a bench off but screwed up my shoulders at the 490 lb level.

I've never gotten "injured" surfing. Hurt? yes, but never injured to where I had to stop surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    I've never gotten "injured" surfing. Hurt? yes, but never injured to where I had to stop surfing.
    I didn't have to quit surfing but I did take a couple minutes to get my breath back.

I've had a stoke boner last for more than 4 hours.

Got folded up like a chair in Hermosa.
    Broke a rib.

Got bit by a duck paddling out. Very sore finger. Had bill marks for days.

490? Pu$$y

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I won a bench off but screwed up my shoulders at the 490 lb level.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I've had a stoke boner last for more than 4 hours.
    Priapism!!

For me, I tore mid-rib cartilage off the bone during a circuit training workout in February then had it pop back out when I fell off the side of my board after botching a takeoff. At that point, I was only a couple days out from the initial injury and the obliques and abdominal muscles were still very angry at me. I had to take slow steps all the way back to the truck and was reluctant to take a deep breath the whole ride home. That ride is all of 3 minutes but felt like 30. Then it took me 45 minutes in the shower to get my 7mm boots off as any position other than fully upright felt like I was getting shanked by waterbaby's rusty Civil War hand-held bayonet. The 6/5 was easier to get out if but not by much and that took 20-30 minutes. I've had bruised ribs before and while those and broken ribs are living hell for 8-12+ weeks, this hurt more in the acute 24-48 hour stage.

Was able to find one position I was able to sleep comfortably in and that was out on the living room couch. Parked myself there for 8 weeks each night. Weird thing was that no weights, cardio or MMA aggravated it further. Only things that would give me pain were surfing and sex. Wasn't going to go a day without water time in my grommiest grom stage (I was 2 weeks in), so it was limiting female visitors to only 2 nights per week total and no more than one round each. Surfing only hurt it during some sessions while any form of "the act" put me in pain for the next 3 days. Managed to make it out alive.

It's called slipping rib syndrome. It may hinder your sex life to some extent, but don't ever let it stand in the way of your stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Priapism!!

For me, I tore mid-rib cartilage off the bone during a circuit training workout in February then had it pop back out when I fell off the side of my board after botching a takeoff. At that point, I was only a couple days out from the initial injury and the obliques and abdominal muscles were still very angry at me. I had to take slow steps all the way back to the truck and was reluctant to take a deep breath the whole ride home. That ride is all of 3 minutes but felt like 30. Then it took me 45 minutes in the shower to get my 7mm boots off as any position other than fully upright felt like I was getting shanked by waterbaby's rusty Civil War hand-held bayonet. The 6/5 was easier to get out if but not by much and that took 20-30 minutes. I've had bruised ribs before and while those and broken ribs are living hell for 8-12+ weeks, this hurt more in the acute 24-48 hour stage.

Was able to find one position I was able to sleep comfortably in and that was out on the living room couch. Parked myself there for 8 weeks each night. Weird thing was that no weights, cardio or MMA aggravated it further. Only things that would give me pain were surfing and sex. Wasn't going to go a day without water time in my grommiest grom stage (I was 2 weeks in), so it was limiting female visitors to only 2 nights per week total and no more than one round each. Surfing only hurt it during some sessions while any form of "the act" put me in pain for the next 3 days. Managed to make it out alive.

It's called slipping rib syndrome. It may hinder your sex life to some extent, but don't ever let it stand in the way of your stoke.
    They say the ultimate is better than sex, but not quite as good as the perfect wave.