LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I had the same slipping rib issue... Went to PT that was recommended and haven't had it since.
    He cracked my back in the perfect spot that I would feel it in between the ribs that would slip. He did that for a few weeks and that was it. Bothered me for years and he fixed me in a month.
    Get the F-out really? I may have to look into this, because I just resigned to the fact that I would live with it indefinitely. If I can get rid of it that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I've had a stoke boner last for more than 4 hours.
    Did you also experience loss of vision? You should seek immediate medical care...

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    Get the F-out really? I may have to look into this, because I just resigned to the fact that I would live with it indefinitely. If I can get rid of it that would be awesome!
    Mine is basically gone. Was just thinking that the other day, that I wasn't even conscious of it during surfing anymore or workouts. There was still a while where it would have slight, slight soreness at times long past its ability to be reinjured. But it's gone now. There was a period too a month in where it was becoming painless but would pop out with every inhale and back in with every exhale. Now THAT was weird.

sand in my wax scraped my nipples

About a week and a half ago had one of the best sessions I've had all summer, and got what I thought was a side stitch. Turns out I bruised my ribs pretty badly, and probably made it worse for a few days between surfing more and the heavy lifting I have to do at work. Seems to be going away now though...and then I got greedy riding some shore breaks when the tide was too high, bailed on one, and took a fin to the thigh. No gash luckily, just a pretty, multi-colored bruise.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    At least give props where props are due: you abrogated my "buoy" term & you utilize it constantly. Not only are you in your own bizarre realm there on your front porch with your, ahem, laptop, you plagiarize. Ah, well, karma is karma.
    The use of "Francis" too...

It seems the better I get, the more injuries or bumps and bruises I end up with. Probably due to the fact that I can push myself harder as I progress, but that also means I end up in more dangerous situations than before. Nothing too major but I always have something that is sore, like right now my right thumb hurts at the knuckle that connects to the hand, slipped on a pop-up and pulled it or banged it too hard, don't really know when it happened, but it's been sore for a few weeks, hard to squeeze too hard with that hand right now, but doesn't keep me out of the water or surfing my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Mine is basically gone. Was just thinking that the other day, that I wasn't even conscious of it during surfing anymore or workouts. There was still a while where it would have slight, slight soreness at times long past its ability to be reinjured. But it's gone now. There was a period too a month in where it was becoming painless but would pop out with every inhale and back in with every exhale. Now THAT was weird.
    Popping in and out with each breath? That would seriously drive me crazy. It's such an un-natural feeling. You must of really done a number on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    Popping in and out with each breath? That would seriously drive me crazy. It's such an un-natural feeling. You must of really done a number on yours.
    Peanut butter is a dangerous thing

Images
    I had a baby in May so I'm trying to get back into my pre-pregnancy surfing shape. Rotator cuff is bothering me but I'm using some light weights and stretches to get it back to form! Nothing like getting back into surfing after about a year of avoiding abdominal workouts and then a c-section!! Woo hoo!