LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by banman View Post
    Thats like saying the British cook better than any American food, nucking futs. The south always has and always will have better cooking. And if you can't even cook BBQ, you can't even qualify to be considered better than southern food. Lets talk NC/SC vs. Texas BBQ.
    sc has the best bbq hands down imo, but ive never had texas bbq so it might be better but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    sc has the best bbq hands down imo, but ive never had texas bbq so it might be better but i doubt it.
    Carolina BBQ +2, Northern BBQ...oh wait

Thats like saying the British cook better than any American food, nucking futs. The south always has and always will have better cooking. And if you can't even cook BBQ, you can't even qualify to be considered better than southern food. Lets talk NC/SC vs. Texas BBQ.
    The variety of food in the north is mind-blowing compared to your simple BBQ ways, congrats you win with the BBQ contest.

Carolina BBQ +2, Northern BBQ...oh wait
    Southern BBQ is great, agreed. But man cannot live on bbq alone.

Food in the south is good, but too much fried stuff overall. Also lacks in diversity. How many ways can hush puppies be made, yo ?
    Not ripping on the south, but if this is a taste test comparison, the north has it hands down over any other region in the USA. And if you claim LA or SF or Chicago or Boise, just remember those foods originated in.....the northeast.

Food in the south is good. But food in the north is great. The diversity alone creates amazing choices.

Is the rumour true? The shredmachine is reportedly opening a restaurant with his Wall Street trading profits...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    The variety of food in the north is mind-blowing compared to your simple BBQ ways, congrats you win with the BBQ contest.
    The variety of everything up north is mind-blowing compared to the south. That said, a southerner takes the same pride in his grits and BBQ as Gaff does with keeping the per capita heart rate in SD at a cool 63.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    7.kids with skittles are target pratice
    8.everybody's related
    skittles + Watermelon iced tea + cough syrup = Sizzurp

If you nevah had crawfish etoufee in Nawlins or had conch chowdah or paella (seafood & yellow rice Cuban style) in the Florida Keys, or hogsnapper sauteed in white wine, or shrimp & grits or a Low Country Boil, you need to. Trust me. Stone crab claws anyone? Like butter in a shell. I will admit ya'll got the best scallops up near Falmouth, and the Lobstah is good up nawth. But we have lots more bettah diversity than you carpetbaggers think. That's why I need a thick board.

Haha I dig this southern pride

Nobody is moving south. They're all moving north. That's why there aren't huge numbers of New Englanders for instance living down here now. They definitely don't talk about how much better it is up there either.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Southern BBQ is great, agreed. But man cannot live on bbq alone.
    Man? No. But this woman? BBQ to her is what photosynthesis is to plants.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    If you nevah had crawfish etoufee in Nawlins or had conch chowdah or paella (seafood & yellow rice Cuban style) in the Florida Keys, or hogsnapper sauteed in white wine, or shrimp & grits or a Low Country Boil, you need to. Trust me. Stone crab claws anyone? Like butter in a shell. I will admit ya'll got the best scallops up near Falmouth, and the Lobstah is good up nawth. But we have lots more bettah diversity than you carpetbaggers think. That's why I need a thick board.
    you just made me so damn hungry, stone crab where have you been latly!!