LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: North vs. South

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'll tell you what though, I'm really enjoying eating Mofongo at the Puerto Rican establishments.
    Shrimp Mofongo at San Juan Cafe here in Thrillmington is by far the best thing I have ever eaten... ever.

True that, as any good southerner would do HAHA, My father in-law and I are always running the smoker and grill while the woman folk prep the sides, football is in the air, it's almost time!!!!
    DawnP, I don't consider you guys southern. I think that southern stuff stops at Georgia, then there's FL

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Shrimp Mofongo at San Juan Cafe here in Thrillmington is by far the best thing I have ever eaten... ever.
    That's what I'm talking about! I never knew how good it was till I went to PR and had some from the motherland, still haven't found a place around here that can duplicate it to the "T", but it's damn close, and still very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I might have to go try this "Shrimp Mofongo" from San Juan Cafe. I've never heard of either.

Where is Thrillmington?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    DawnP, I don't consider you guys southern. I think that southern stuff stops at Georgia, then there's FL
    It's a melting pot down here, I'd say 60% Southern 30% Spanish, and 10% Everything else, cause you can literally find just about everything around here if you know where to go.

missRI.jpg

Miss RI could drink you under the table, too. FOX!

I agree with the melting pot, A lot of q-tips down there, too! Living down there in Largo, I didn't recall to many people with twang. (no offense to anyone)

It's a melting pot down here, I'd say 60% Southern 30% Spanish, and 10% Everything else, cause you can literally find just about everything around here if you know where to go.
    Umm...Cubans?? Haitians??? Is that just Miami and SoFlo?

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    missRI.jpg

Miss RI could drink you under the table, too. FOX!
    I'll meet her at her break anytime. RI seems to get lost in the superlative state convos much like Delaware and the Dakotas. Gotta say I've known and seen a lot more smokes from Rhodey than otherwise, and the bad end of the spectrum isn't near as sterilizing as many other states.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    RI seems to get lost in the superlative state convos much like Delaware and the Dakotas. .
    That's a good thing.