LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SI Fantasy Football

Who's trying to get down on some Fantasy Football? I'm thinking a 10-12 person league with standard scoring. No PPR and no mid-season quitters! Preseason is right around the corner, so we've only got a few more weeks to put this all together. Post here or PM me if you're interested.

-DL

Make that two.

I'll never understand the obsession of fantasy sports. Not calling you guys out or anything, I just truly don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    I'll never understand the obsession of fantasy sports. Not calling you guys out or anything, I just truly don't get it.
    If no money is involved then it doesn't make much sense other than to just have something to do during football season. Now in a paid league, you have to opportunity to make some coin, just like anything else gambling related, it's all about the money. You ever play poker? Slot machines? Well Fantasy Football is just like it.... ONLY different.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If no money is involved then it doesn't make much sense other than to just have something to do during football season. Now in a paid league, you have to opportunity to make some coin, just like anything else gambling related, it's all about the money. You ever play poker? Slot machines? Well Fantasy Football is just like it.... ONLY different.
    I bet NBA games online, that's about it. Do pretty well actually

I bet NBA games online, that's about it. Do pretty well actually
    Careful what you share w/people online about that. There are some fun sites out there though, MMA, Football, Baseball, and Basketball are my sports I pay attention to.

Like Dp said the money part makes it more interesting but it's just for fun.Letting your competitive juices flow a little.To each their own I guess.

Just checked out my window to see if there were airborne pigs or if the Atlantic froze over solid. Nope. So I'm astonished that we finally agree on something.

Don't think I'll ever be into the FF thing, even with a few brahs, but I do look forward to quality, informed discussion of the NF of L this fall and winter with guys like dlrouen and several others (but not nynj, he just doesn't get it). It's weird though man, because I love stats and always have. I'm open-minded, so am I missing something cool I just don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Just checked out my window to see if there were airborne pigs or if the Atlantic froze over solid. Nope. So I'm astonished that we finally agree on something.

Don't think I'll ever be into the FF thing, even with a few brahs, but I do look forward to quality, informed discussion of the NF of L this fall and winter with guys like dlrouen and several others (but not nynj, he just doesn't get it). It's weird though man, because I love stats and always have. I'm open-minded, so am I missing something cool I just don't know about?
    Come basketball season I'm sure we can have many an in depth discussion of the Celtics... I am a Celtics nut. Can't get enough Celtics. Still not interested in fantasy basketball though.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    It's weird though man, because I love stats and always have. I'm open-minded, so am I missing something cool I just don't know about?
    I know what you mean, I use to think of it the same way until a few buddies talked me into trying it, now I'm hooked, it makes the NFL so much more interesting to follow (other than your own squad), but our league pays out pretty well, so that has a lot to do with my motivation. I tried it for free once and I just forgot I even had a team, but throw some coin in the middle and suddenly I'm watching the free agent waiver wire like I'm waiting for a named storm in the Atlantic.