LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    @dlrouen - thanks, and if we meet up you'll get the last name. you'll laugh because its another famous Ron.
    Ron Jeremy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    "I'll be wearing an orange wetsuit and a white space helmet. Not really."

DL thats a classic.

PJB outside of unfairly criticizing super hot women longboarders you are far from a douche.
    Well thanks, Naragansett Tall boy drinker. I don't know. I don't target too many people, but she's just one of them. Probably is the "art" thing. Pro surfers who start painting, playing guitars, or snapping photos like some SoHo boho
    gets my grill. I don't know why....

Ron.................Jeremy?

Images
    Holy smacks, DLouren............great now I look bad. Please don't post as I'm typing. Thank you. That goes for all of youse.

@waterbaby - agreed, and I'm not expecting fast progress, just get a lil better each time...then I try something else, fail, get up, try again, fail...repeat ad nauseum, then one day, success! No rush for me. I'd rather be failing at real surfing than succeeding at channel surfing. You are correct, the shoulder bothers me the most. Knees and back are usually ok, if I do lots of paddling the shoulder does get sore. When not at the beach I try to get out to the lake and paddle, but still no substitute for paddling in the ocean. As long as I don't overdoit I'm usually only sore for a couple days. At least its not like hockey where I throw it out of socket on backhanders.

@Manisses/PBJ: Any pics from the thread criticizing super hot women longboarders? I think I need to read that thread...

Damn, Manisses might be right. Already posting more than I've done in the last 5 years combined.

@dlrouen and PJB - good guess, but no...

Welcome. We are an eclectic group on here. Don't let that scare you away.

Is it Ron Burgandy?

Stay classy San Diego, I'm Ron Burgandy?
    Dammit who typed the question mark on the teleprompter!

I too started in my mid 30s and have been progressing sloooooowwwwlllly. Although this morning I had a line and went up the face, turned back down the wave, then dug in and turned back up the wave. I think that's considered a "turn" but I don't know. It felt cool. I certainly didn't throw buckets, but felt like I was up and doing something instead of just happy to be there.

Edit: on the next wave I reestablished my status and totally bit it with a sliding wipeout before I even stood up.
    Last edited by Dudicles; Aug 1, 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Ron Darling! Is that you? You should be in the booth on SNY covering Harvey throwing darts at the Marlins.

@brewengineer - good. Pretty much all my friends are freaks and fly that flag high. Wouldn't have it any other way. A shopping mall or golf course in Cary, NC? Now that scares me...

@dudicles - another good guess, but no. Good to hear you were making turns, and you're not alone. Anytime I think I've got something going the ocean reminds me just how much I have to learn. I keep my status and bar set low.

Images
    L Ron Hubbard?