LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Emass, your PM mail box is full
    Thanks braddah. Just opened it up a bit and deleted some messages. Hadn't been on the comp til now.

Between our back and forth and same with some others, the hate PMs I get, the truces and peace offerings, and yankee's endless wooing of me in iambic pentameter (excessive, creepy, yet amazing composition!), it fills up quickly!

Send over the rest of what you had for me brah.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Thanks braddah. Just opened it up a bit and deleted some messages. Hadn't been on the comp til now.

Between our back and forth and same with some others, the hate PMs I get, the truces and peace offerings, and yankee's endless wooing of me in iambic pentameter (excessive, creepy, yet amazing composition!), it fills up quickly!

Send over the rest of what you had for me brah.
    All done, thanks man!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    The past couple weekends I saw quite a few "water rescues". Not necessarily all emergencies, but a cpl instances of kids swimming directly against a rip and freaking out. Another one where like literally 5 or 6 kids, I say kids but looked like young teenagers, clinging to a walmart boogie with this confused look on their faces.
    i know that look...you see it on bigger days in the summer, on the faces of tourists who suddenly find themselves bobbing around in the lineup, clinging to a cheap boogie board, who have clearly been sucked out much further than they intended and suddenly realize their situation is beyond their ability to control the outcome. have pulled more than a few in, as have most of us in these parts.

i think it's more of an problem down here in the South, where lifeguards are few and far in between, as opposed to up North, where the beaches are more tightly controlled. for instance, I have close friends in ACBP management and i've seen them in action up close - they don't even allow people in past their knees on big days. the policy seems restrictive but it saves the lifeguards a lot of aggravation and has probably saved the lives of more than a few fools. down here, surfers save more people than the lifeguards, because we're usually quicker to spot the problem. it's a solid argument against establishing surf zones.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    down here, surfers save more people than the lifeguards, because we're usually quicker to spot the problem. it's a solid argument against establishing surf zones.
    More capable of handling the problem too in most cases...the lifeguards are funny, some are cool and into the water and you'll see them out bosy surfing on breaks and stuff, and then the others just wanna look cool for the chicks.