LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Can't wait for the cold winter months no lifeguards the ocean is kook free

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybrews View Post
    But the warmth is not without its disadvantages: Crowds, kooks, and going days without a decent swell are some of the plagues that come with summer. Of course you all know this, but for all you year-round surfers, do you miss the cooler months as well?
    Every summer, I can't wait for October to get here. Better waves, no crowds, more spots working. Delaware in the summer is ridiculous. I drove an hour this afternoon to surf knee-waist high waves in a crowd. Even the 75 degree water seemed annoying.

I used to look forward to summer...the past few years I've wished March and April would never end...not even looking forward to summer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Every summer, I can't wait for October to get here. Better waves, no crowds, more spots working. Delaware in the summer is ridiculous. I drove an hour this afternoon to surf knee-waist high waves in a crowd. Even the 75 degree water seemed annoying.
    Couldn't have said it better. The remaining two spots in DE are just crap right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    If you add herbal enchantment into the mix, and are surf satisfied, it's almost like lying in a field of poppies.
    One for the ride there to stupify me enough into thinking surfing in freezing weather is an awesome idea, and one for the ride home for that extra warm fuzzy feeling.
    Last edited by mattybrews; Aug 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM.