LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    very little here - some waist-high sets this morning. was fun until the wind switched. but hey, it's August - where's the next one?
    I heard some bad news potentially. Apperently there is a gigantic sand storm that has been preventing tropical storm development off the coast of Africa. If that's true I hope it breaks up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    I heard some bad news potentially. Apperently there is a gigantic sand storm that has been preventing tropical storm development off the coast of Africa. If that's true I hope it breaks up soon.
    It's called govt pixie dust. I remember the years following Katrina, most tropical storms would fizzle out due to bad air. Now that sandy happened, I doubt mant storms will strengthen much. So far my theory has been spot on thus far....

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    I heard some bad news potentially. Apparently there is a gigantic sand storm that has been preventing tropical storm development off the coast of Africa. If that's true I hope it breaks up soon.
    Yep saw a meteorologist show a doppler image of that a few days ago. He said it was killing any storms from forming in that area until it dissipates. Definitely not a good thing for canes

Images
    Things will change, I'm certain. We are just a couple of weeks away from the Cape Verde season, remember NHC and everyone else predicted a very busy season, it's just a matter of time...go skateboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Things will change, I'm certain. We are just a couple of weeks away from the Cape Verde season, remember NHC and everyone else predicted a very busy season, it's just a matter of time...go skateboarding.
    Crushing the Carver board is good therapy. Especially pumping it to speed up a slight incline then back down around a parking lot for an hour with not one kick for speed, even getting acceleration uphill on the pump. Good for the core.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantLee View Post
    Yep saw a meteorologist show a doppler image of that a few days ago. He said it was killing any storms from forming in that area until it dissipates. Definitely not a good thing for canes
    you're talking about this:
    Massive African Dust Storm Cooling Atlantic Hurricane Odds for Early August
    Posted by: Dr. Jeff Masters, 3:10 PM GMT on July 31, 2013 +85
    A massive dust storm that formed over the Sahara Desert early this week has now pushed out over the tropical Atlantic, and will sharply reduce the odds of tropical storm formation during the first week of August. The dust is accompanied by a large amount of dry air, which is making the Saharan Air Layer (SAL) much drier than usual this week. June and July are the peak months for dust storms in the Southwest Sahara, and this week's dust storm is a typical one for this time of year. Due in large part to all the dry and dusty air predicted to dominate the tropical Atlantic over the next seven days, none of the reliable computer models is predicting Atlantic tropical cyclone formation during the first week of August.
    no worries - plenty of time for things to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    very little here - some waist-high sets this morning. was fun until the wind switched. but hey, it's August - where's the next one?
    Tru. looking forward to da next one.

This dude was totally ready to rip Dorian a new one

image.jpg