LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Images
    I hear ya Gaff, and I appreciate the rest of you guys' optimism, I'll keep hope alive.

Thanks for clearing that up SI.

Is it ok for me to wear a hoodie and eat skittles while I post? Here in Florida that can get you the death penalty, especially if you paddle out with a hoodie, eat skittles and smoke a bong in the lineup. We don't put up with that kinda bull**** like they do on the Jerzy Shore.

And I'm sick and tired of all you newby kooks, old crusty veteran surfers, spongers, SUP superstars, shreddersinyourownmind, European Touristos, wooden board making freaks, hockey fans, swimmers, fat assed lifeguards, bench monkeys, tin foil hat wearing conspiracy paraniod geeks, and other foul mouthed, law breaking ne'r do wells clogging up the lineup and hijacking my precious threads of surf babble. Just stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    "illegal topics"

It's medicinal and I have a prescription!
    The only papers he has are for rolling.

Lock him up.

Quote Originally Posted by mushdoc View Post
    The only papers he has are for rolling.

Lock him up.
    Man, they won't even write you a ticket out here.

All yolks aside, the forum could use a little peer moderation. In the rules sticky Mr. SI compares this place to a break, "Just as you need rules when your paddling for waves out in the lineup, it is also necessary to apply proper etiquette when posting to the Swellinfo forum." That's all well and good, but when the people who have been posting on this site for years try to explain etiquette to the brand new, nutjob posting whacko rantings every 5 minutes what good does it do? They just tell you to bugger off. Same clown in the meat world pisses down their shoe when confronted.

Thing is, a break isn't really self-regulating. Any decent break has a core group of locs who are on the peak everyday, morning, noon and night and bring order from the chaos. On a real break if someone gets out of line things escalate.

So why not empower more of the non-casual users with mod status? Why not grant more power to the guys who are in the "line-up" everyday?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it. I got enough trouble.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Aug 5, 2013 at 09:39 PM.

If we get picked as moderators, do we get honorary rolls of duct tape with "shut the f*** up!" printed on it.

I'm still here so those that are banned are really fugged up. like the Fugs,

Hey Gaff, any chance you can dig up that bar scene post from a year or so ago? That was a solid post.

Images
    THE SAME RULES AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.......

OH BULLSH!T............

Dudes, Mr. Swellinfo has completely laxed his enforcement as of late.......

I don't know if he's retarded or not, but his forum's interaction is THROUGH THE FU$#ING ROOF these days....

Yeah, let's STOP THAT by kowtowing to a few kooks who get all bent by a friggin website..........

THE FRIGGIN SITE HAS NEVER HAD SO MUCH ATTENTION............and that's pretty impressive because it's not HIS surf predictions that have people coming back for more.....YOU peoples' forum activity is what generates all his advertising. Not inaccurate surf forecasts that get "modified" every two hours...........It's the forum that gets the HITS. So go ahead and ban anyone who is interesting......Good business model.........

Maybe he'll realize that someday...........

Then again maybe not...........

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    THE SAME RULES AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.......

OH BULLSH!T............

Dudes, Mr. Swellinfo has completely laxed his enforcement as of late.......

I don't know if he's retarded or not, but his forum's interaction is THROUGH THE FU$#ING ROOF these days....

Yeah, let's STOP THAT by kowtowing to a few kooks who get all bent by a friggin website..........

THE FRIGGIN SITE HAS NEVER HAD SO MUCH ATTENTION............and that's pretty impressive because it's not HIS surf predictions that have people coming back for more.....YOU peoples' forum activity is what generates all his advertising. Not inaccurate surf forecasts that get "modified" every two hours...........It's the forum that gets the HITS. So go ahead and ban anyone who is interesting......Good business model.........

Maybe he'll realize that someday...........

Then again maybe not...........
    Bill, why so angry again buddy? Thought you were going the chill route? You know, puff on the legally prescribed herbal remedy a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Hey Gaff, any chance you can dig up that bar scene post from a year or so ago? That was a solid post.
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...urf-ettiquette

This one ?