LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    ****Hijack warning****

Urushiol is also in pistachios and cashews.
    Its on figs too. Its usually at the source, that white pasty sperm-like fluid that emerges when you pick them. The fruit is fine, except for the dead wasps inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    ****Hijack warning****

Careful of those mangoes. I learned the hard way that they contain the same active ingredient as poison ivy, urushiol. It's only in the skin and the seed, the meat is safe supposedly. I was eating a couples mangos a day and definitely ate some skin.

Urushiol is also in pistachios and cashews.

I'm sure te NSA got a pretty good laugh at the searches I was doing trying to narrow down why I was itchy.
    Cashews aren't nuts but stems off the Maraņones, which looks like a pepper. They're poisonous until cooked. Some people swell up like a tick just touching them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Cashews aren't nuts but stems off the Maraņones, which looks like a pepper. They're poisonous until cooked. Some people swell up like a tick just touching them.
    Whatev. It walks like a nut, talks like a nut. It gives me chapped lips and blisters in my mouth like a gat dang poison ivy lolly pop.

Man they're good though. Good thing I have my almonds still.

There's a doozy out there waiting to form, give it a few weeks to a month and then all of a sudden it's going to get a poppin

I've noticed every year since Katrina that they forecast a "busy season in the tropics". It's just hype. They have no idea what is going to happen from year to year.