LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Lately? Just about everyone. This forum seems to have become arguing about arguing. I mean I know it's summer but there must be something more fun.
    yep, it's summer and mostly flat. Ok windswell days here and there, but no real swell since Andrea. people get crazy i guess

it's crazy how many people antagonistic people post here then cry foul if the intended target responds.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Pardon the interruption .. more cape cod shark week on now - discovery channel.. using shark cam autonomous underwater vehicle to follow sharks.. real interesting.
    cape cod sharks are some lunkers. seems the average size is bigger then elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    That link is awesome and surprisingly more informative than Discovery's MOCKumentary.

"The main point of reference we like to use for history's all-time apex predator is the Great White, but in reality Megalodon was like the Great White's badass awesome uncle who rides into town every once in a while on a Harley, gets hammered and smashes beer cans on his head at the family reunion, and then burns rubber out of there with your brother's topless wife riding on the back seat." - www.badassoftheweek.com

Can we get back to sharks now?
    Yes much better than Discovery's mock up I agree but not quite a sweet as Sharknado! The descriptions the guy gave of sharks like the one you quoted had me laughing my @ss off!

This one was particularly funny:

"Megalodons were ripping ****(poop) up way after the dinosaurs got meteor-ed out of existence, so he probably didn't actually eat T-Rexes or Plesiosaurs or ****(Poop), no matter how awesome the artwork depicting that might be. Shark researchers have found things like tin cans, giant squid parts, and old shoes in the stomachs of Great Whites, though, so if these MEGATOOTH ****ers (F word) were at all similar to their descendants, they probably ate any goddamned thing they could get their teeth on – sheep, speedboats, small continents, and god knows what else. They're like the goats of the ocean, only they're gigantic, not hilarious looking, and constructed from pure evil made manifest into flesh. "

Had to fix the censored words.

six pack of scientists
    images (3).jpg

all i know is if a tornado ever hits Cape Cod during the summer we are in deep doo doo!

I was born and raised on the Vineyard and I have to totally agree with shark-hunter. I see between 5-10 seals in the line-up every time I surf and I'm not even in Chatham where all the real seal colonies are! I've seen the seal population spike in my lifetime and with it came the sharks. A couple years ago my dad told me "you just wait someone is going to get attacked and then everyone will be up in arms!" Years ago they used to cull the seal population and did we ever have any problems with GW? NO! Fish stocks were also up as a result of not having a huge seal population. I bet if some of these tree huggers lost a family member to a shark they would have a totally different perspective. But honestly I could care less either way because the sharks are good for crowd control.

Californians have the right idea: http://www.sanclementetimes.com/blog...g-sign-a-hoax/

I'm on the side of the sharks too.

The way I see it - every time we protect a human from a shark, a seal has to be eaten so that they don't eat us. It's not fair to the seals.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendJim View Post
    Kull the humans. Start with shark-hunter.

Will you stand your ground in a confrontation with a shark or member on SwellInfo?

Do both and you will be the Bodhisattva of surfing, thus achieving Nirvana

Let the world know you take no crap

I'm going to go off topic now...

Which is better? Dukes or Miracle Whip? I like Dukes because I love the South. I'm so obsessed with the South Ima make a thread about southern food with Dukes mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip). A shark burger with Dukes on it would be nice.
    Why do they call it Miracle Whip? I had it before. I don't feel like I had a religious experience. Does it repel sharks? Is that the miracle. I'm trying to get back on topic but the temptation to derail this thread is more than I can bear!
    Bear? PAddington Jetty Bear? He stood his ground. When I see someone do that, to me, that's a miracle. Does he use Miracle Whip? If so, I may need to reconsider my condiments...

I fixed 3 surfboards last night and failed to participate on here. Does that make me a kook or a GAPER? Sorry I didn't post my brilliant knowledge on here last night. Speaking of posting, I'm creeping ever closer to the coveted 200 post mark! Now that's a benchmark! Does that make me more right than someone with fewer posts?

SHARKS!!!

Back on topic

Do they use condiments when they eat seals? I would if I ate a seal sandwich. Would you too?

Florida guys, would you ever eat a Manatee? We are so gung ho about culling the seals, but what about the Manatees? Are we going to idly sit be and let their population explode? Thoughts please?

What does a shark prefer...seal or manatee?

Let's talk about respect since there is so much in the lineups and internet forums these days.

How about sharks respect us? Here's an idea...catch one, kill it, eat it with a fine dining setup in the lineup (with Dukes of course) and watch the other sharks cringe with fear. Ever gone hunting (I'm such a Southern redneck, perhaps only I can relate), watched the Discovery Channel (whackos) or and PBS documentary (for you liberal types that love sending money)? What happens when the TOP DOG (humans represent) consumes his/their prey before the eyes of the forsaken? They sit back and watch. They cause no trouble. Hey! Great Whites do the same when Killer Whales do that to them. This is probably the point where someone wants to say "where's your proof?" Baby, I got your proof right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9I_DcSbZjI

...or you can tell me how wrong I am about this and Dukes mayonnaise like I'm gonna sit on here all day and argue. Sorry, I have a job.

BTW, did you notice the name of the boat? That guy used to post on here all the time! Now you know where to find him.

MAybe the solution is Killer Whales! Those things never mess with people. I always wanted to surf with "Free Willy." Maybe I made that up and I need to post a link...

Perhaps this sums it all up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Your welcome...Oh wait, Ive' got a link for that too (by God, we use Google in the South)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNB_RjpWnsI

Will you stand your ground in a confrontation with a shark or member on SwellInfo?

Do both and you will be the Bodhisattva of surfing, thus achieving Nirvana

Let the world know you take no crap

I'm going to go off topic now...

Which is better? Dukes or Miracle Whip? I like Dukes because I love the South. I'm so obsessed with the South Ima make a thread about southern food with Dukes mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip). A shark burger with Dukes on it would be nice.
    Why do they call it Miracle Whip? I had it before. I don't feel like I had a religious experience. Does it repel sharks? Is that the miracle. I'm trying to get back on topic but the temptation to derail this thread is more than I can bear!
    Bear? PAddington Jetty Bear? He stood his ground. When I see someone do that, to me, that's a miracle. Does he use Miracle Whip? If so, I may need to reconsider my condiments...

I fixed 3 surfboards last night and failed to participate on here. Does that make me a kook or a GAPER? Sorry I didn't post my brilliant knowledge on here last night. Speaking of posting, I'm creeping ever closer to the coveted 200 post mark! Now that's a benchmark! Does that make me more right than someone with fewer posts?

SHARKS!!!

Back on topic

Do they use condiments when they eat seals? I would if I ate a seal sandwich. Would you too?

Florida guys, would you ever eat a Manatee? We are so gung ho about culling the seals, but what about the Manatees? Are we going to idly sit be and let their population explode? Thoughts please?

What does a shark prefer...seal or manatee?

Let's talk about respect since there is so much in the lineups and internet forums these days.

How about sharks respect us? Here's an idea...catch one, kill it, eat it with a fine dining setup in the lineup (with Dukes of course) and watch the other sharks cringe with fear. Ever gone hunting (I'm such a Southern redneck, perhaps only I can relate), watched the Discovery Channel (whackos) or and PBS documentary (for you liberal types that love sending money)? What happens when the TOP DOG (humans represent) consumes his/their prey before the eyes of the forsaken? They sit back and watch. They cause no trouble. Hey! Great Whites do the same when Killer Whales do that to them. This is probably the point where someone wants to say "where's your proof?" Baby, I got your proof right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9I_DcSbZjI

...or you can tell me how wrong I am about this and Dukes mayonnaise like I'm gonna sit on here all day and argue. Sorry, I have a job.

BTW, did you notice the name of the boat? That guy used to post on here all the time! Now you know where to find him.

MAybe the solution is Killer Whales! Those things never mess with people. I always wanted to surf with "Free Willy." Maybe I made that up and I need to post a link...

Perhaps this sums it all up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Your welcome...Oh wait, Ive' got a link for that too (by God, we use Google in the South)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNB_RjpWnsI

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    do you not read what you write? why do you feel so entitled to be right all the time. you need to cool it.

that's good you don't have a problem with Emass. and weird you cherry-picked PJB to chastise. i like them both.

your right, you never know who your talking to. so heed your own advise. you had to throw in some gay reference about boyfriends and PJB. thought you were an upstanding citizen? your right, you can't talk to people like this in the real world. but im not so sure someone with over 2,000 SI posts and thinks murderers are on every corner has the slightest clue what the real world is like.

get over yourself. go back to being cool. i understand this forum is your only chance to talk about surfing because your in no way connected to the local surf community where you live, but please ditch the self-righteous, judgemental chip on your shoulder. we all say dumb things on here and it's no big deal.
    Today is a new day, I think we can all cool it starting now. I just ask that people treat others and their cultures with respect. That's all I'm going to say on this topic. I wish you all well and hope that we can all move on now.